I am so Proud!

GRAM49

Songster
11 Years
May 7, 2008
Indiana
Yesterday I went to the chicken pen to give them a treat of a tomato and there on the ground was their first egg! I was so excited, I ran (actually walked fast) to the house to show hubby. It was from one of my five Buffs. We fried it and ate it - yum! Today hubby was slow to put them out as we want them to lay in the nest boxes. He just called to say he found another egg in the nest box. We are on a roll. Friday is the day we have picked to take the hen house divider down and combine them and the younger nine into one flock. I can't wait, I am taking a day off work just to do it and get a jump on a long week-end. Just wanted to share. Somehow I feel like a part of a bigger group now. To all who are waiting - it is worth it!.
Gram

Quote:
WOW! Thats dedication to the hobby... Taking vacation from work to take care of chickens... HAHA!

(oh who am I kidding... Like I haven't taken vacation to wait impatiently at the front doors of the post office for a shipment of birds....LOL)

Congrats on the new eggs!

Congratulations! It's so fun to get eggs! I still love going out to the coop and finding eggs in the nesting box. Taking care of chickens is relaxing to me. Fun work!

Yeah, we got the second one yesterday so someone has layed two days in a row I would guess. Maybe it will encourage the others to get started.
Gram

Congratulations! I'm waiting, my girls are hitting 16 weeks, so I prepared two of 6 nest boxes. They're certainly loud and they seem physicall ready so we'll see...
cool.png

Back
Top Bottom