I am so sad

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by SilverStar, May 16, 2009.

1. SilverStar

SilverStar Chillin' With My Peeps

May 4, 2009
    california
    i just went to check on my baby chicks and i found one of my White Leghorns dead. I am so sad [​IMG] They have plenty of water and food and the tempature in there cage is where it is supposed to be. i just don't understand what happend to her. We have 21 other chickens and they all did fine as babies. I just wish i knew what happend.

2. vtsarahb

vtsarahb Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 16, 2009
    Bradford, VT
    I'm so sorry [​IMG]

sometimes they just die for no apparent reason [​IMG] are the others all ok?

3. Polish Chickens

Polish Chickens Chillin' With My Peeps

May 9, 2009
    Houston
    Sorry if you lost your chick [​IMG]

they sometimes die for no apparent reason and are they other chicks are ok?

4. Schultz

Schultz CluckN'Crow Farm

Aug 5, 2008
    Indianapolis
    Quote:Ditto

5. SilverStar

May 4, 2009
    california
    Quote:Thank you. Yes.. the others seem fine but i am so afraid now that one of them may die. I have not been able to take my eyes of them since i found the poor little Leghorn that passed.[​IMG] I just wish i knew what happend.

6. LittleMamaBigPapa

LittleMamaBigPapa Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 22, 2009
    Bellevue, Nebraska
    I am so sorry. I think that is when it is the hardest, when you dont know why.......it probably had a birth defect or something. You did everything right.

7. The Wolf Queen

The Wolf Queen Chillin' With My Peeps

May 2, 2009
    Albuquerque, NM
    Im really sorry about your chick [​IMG] but she probably had something inside wrong with her and she isnt sick anymore [​IMG]. If it makes you feel better I lost one of my Silver Campines this morning for no reason [​IMG].

8. citrusdreams

citrusdreams Chillin' With My Peeps

May 4, 2009
    I'm sorry [​IMG] Please try to enjoy the rest of your chicks, as hard as that may be. Try not to worry about them. I'm sure you're giving them the best care. Sometimes these things happen.

9. Polish Chickens

Polish Chickens Chillin' With My Peeps

May 9, 2009
    Houston
    Give them sugar water and electrolytes which will give them a boost to prevent any others from dying

10. SilverStar

May 4, 2009
    california
    Thank you everyone for your kind words. I never thought that i would feel so bad if one of my chickens ever died. I will miss the little chick. [​IMG]. I hope none of my others chicks pass away. I love them lots.

Last edited: May 16, 2009

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by