I am so sick of broodies!

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by kathyinmo, Jun 5, 2011.

1. kathyinmo

kathyinmo Nothing In Moderation

I am SICK of them! [​IMG] I simply do not have enough apartments to house them in anymore. One is now starting on her second brood of the year already, too! Some are done and returned to their flock. I give up breaking them. I am now just leaving them where they are. I have removed nests, and they just continue to set ...... on the floor, on NO eggs!

These pictures are today. NO, this is not all of them!

Last week I gave away a Silkie with 17 chicks (all silkies). I can't take it anymore! [​IMG]
    I think I will start drinking...............

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. BookWorm243

BookWorm243 Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 13, 2010
    Franklin, NC
    Wow those are some determined hens [​IMG] I must say that I want a broody, none of my hens will ever go broody. Sorry they are all going broody on you.

Last edited: Jun 5, 2011
  3. blueberrychickens

blueberrychickens Chillin' With My Peeps

May 12, 2010
    Hudson, MA
    Not only do you have broodies, you have some serious stink eye goin' on there!!

4. chicachic

chicachic Out Of The Brooder

OK, I haven't been on here for a while but was going to ask about broody hens. I was hoping to discourage my hen that is broody because I'm not getting any eggs. it seems that broodiness is contagious and no one wants to lay any eggs.=. Why do you WANT broody hens? Are you trying to hatch eggs? I have tried closing the door to the house, making more light , chasing her away nothing seems to be working. I would let her set but I don't want to hatch any roosters and that seems to be the result here. throw some info my way. I'd be interested to know. thanks PS why do yur chickens have covers on their backs?

Last edited: Jun 5, 2011
  5. Bengalcats1

Bengalcats1 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 29, 2011
    Yea my broodies are really starting to get on my nerves to...babies babies everywhere and they want More

6. Player Hater

Player Hater Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 8, 2010
    i think drinking is a good plan

7. chicachic

chicachic Out Of The Brooder

What the heck is stink eye?

8. Miyashi

Miyashi Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 20, 2011
    Gaylord, MI
    Quote:IMO
    Slight tilt of the head (or no) and wide eye right on you....they look very displeased....it's much like the "are you sh***ing me" or the "oh hell no" face.

9. Miyashi

Miyashi Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 20, 2011
    Gaylord, MI
    So...you have four silkies being broody snobs in that crate?
    That is hilarious! ........... [​IMG]
    I'm so sorry!
    >_<

10. zazouse

zazouse Overrun With Chickens

Sep 7, 2009
    Southeast texas
    I can totally relate to what ya are going threw mine drive me crazy. [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by