1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

I am so sorry girls!!i

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by luvinmychickens, Nov 29, 2011.

1. luvinmychickens

luvinmychickens Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 15, 2011
    Ohio
    am so sorry girls! I hate myself now...

Lastnight I guess I didn't lock up the girls. It was really windy and rainy. The door swung shut so the girls were locked outside exept for 1 or 2 of them. I wenr outside to let them out this morining and there they were soaked trying to keep dry. I hurried and got a towel to help dry them and I put them inside the coop. When I saw them I almost cried. I felt so bad! I promise them it'll never happen again... Now they are warm and dry inside the coop. I'm really glad that a racoon didn't get them or hurt them. Luckily we have some netting mainly to keep the halks away. But anyways I am so blessed that they are okay! They even still layed their eggs today after the wet cold night. [​IMG]

2. Poultrybonkers

Poultrybonkers Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 22, 2011
    I had my door blow closest to before but my ducks get loud if they cant get in so then i know. [​IMG]

3. luvinmychickens

Jun 15, 2011
    Ohio
    Haha I wish my girls would let me know like that.
    Quote:

4. K-12 Chickens

K-12 Chickens Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 6, 2010
    Michigan
    A similar thing happened to me too! The run door had closed because of the wind so they couldn't get inside the coop! I had to find all the girls in the dark with some help which wasn't too hard. I felt bad that happened, but once they were all inside they dried off. I had totally forgot about them and then suddenly realized: I have to go lock up the the chickens! Thankfully they were all ok. [​IMG]

5. The Red Rooster

The Red Rooster Poultry Observer

I'm glad you finally found them (and that they didn't get sick). Don't worry, we all make mistakes (unfortunately the hard way somtimes.) [​IMG]

6. luvinmychickens

Jun 15, 2011
    Ohio
    Thanks red

7. TheJuan-n-Only

TheJuan-n-Only Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 10, 2010
    Tampa
    :oops:well at least the worse that happen was them getting wet and cold!!!! poor babies......yesterday when I went to put them to bed our run door had been closed by the wind also....we had 2 inside and 4 outside...

8. DDRanch

DDRanch Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 15, 2008
    California
    So happy you found them safe. Once I forgot to put mine away before I left for an errand, came home after dark, and realized they were still out. With flashlight, I fortunately found all of them, safe but confused as to why they were out......and I have nihgtmares still that I might forget them. Hasn't happened again but I know your stress.

I guess we have all done something like that.....and so glad your girls came to no real harm. Sounds like they have forgiven you. Now you should forgive yourself.

9. luvinmychickens

Jun 15, 2011
    Ohio
    Quote:Same here! 2 were inside 4 were outside.

10. luvinmychickens

Jun 15, 2011
    Ohio
    Quote:Yeas, I guess I should forgive myself also. They are back to normal now! [​IMG] Nice and dry, and up on the roosts.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by