I am so thinking about...

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by Poulets De Cajun, Apr 2, 2009.

1. Poulets De Cajun

Poulets De Cajun Overrun With Chickens

...going to pick up a hovabator 1602 and calling it a day. This hatcher project is starting to wear on me, and I can't afford to loose eggs this time of year. I'm thinking for $40 I can go get a hovabator and set it up to use as a hatcher until i can guarantee that this little project works.

2. Poulets De Cajun

Yeah.. I think thats what i am going to do. I forgot I sold another bird yesterday for $35, so that will pretty much cover the cost, or nearly. I think they were only $45 at the local feed store.... i need the security.

3. CANDLE98

CANDLE98 Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 29, 2008
    Meridian Idaho
    I am in the same boat as you, I don't feel confident about building my own hatcher so I ordered one yesterday! I just hope it gets here by next friday! I will make a bator when I don't feel pressured to get it done!

4. Poulets De Cajun

Well I built my own... see this thread

https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=150747

And I've got it running at 63% give or take a few, but thats only with the vent plugs closed. If I open them it drops to the 40's. It's holding temps fine, but I'm REALLY nervous about putting eggs in it on Saturday.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by