I am so ticked!!!

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by klf73, May 12, 2009.

1. klf73

klf73 Mad Scientist

Jun 1, 2008
    Maine
    Ok, long story short
    have long history with old neighbor. He made threats against the family, especially the kids and dogs. Well, he got a protection order against my husband (judge said he didn't need to prove anything, just that he was afraid even though he threatened us, we didn't threaten him). Fast forward 3 years, after much vandalism and harrassment from this neighbor.....he was finally evicted [​IMG]
    Then 5 months after he was evicted he came down our dirt road to visit a *friend* and tried running my 2 sons over (7 & 9). Well, when my dh picked them up(he was a few minutes late that is why they started walking) they told him about it. Dh turned around to catch up to him. Dh went to go yell at him and he tried stabbing dh with a pen so dh disarmed him and punched him 3 times and sat him in his car. The *witness* was drunk and trying to control 4 large huskies, he said the neighbor didn't do anything. So of course they arrested my dh. They are charging him with a felony! So after waiting for them to do something about trying to run my sons over I finally called the DA. They aren't going to charge him because there were no 3rd party witnesses! I asked them why my sons weren't enough. They said because of all the complaints that had been made over the years it could be retaliation. The neighbor would frequently call and say my husband was doing something to violate the protection order and dh was so good, I would have popped years ago. He lied to the officers and they caught him frequently.....but never did anything to him. My 3 oldest suffer from anxiety now along with PTSD because of this moron. I can't believe he was allowed to traumatize my children and not have to pay.......great justice system we have [​IMG]

2. TriciaHowe

TriciaHowe Mother Hen

Nov 11, 2008
    Trenton, FL
    [​IMG] I don't have any words of wisdom for you but I am sorry you and your family has been going through this.
    Karma has a way of coming around, and from the sounds of it, it can't happen soon enough....

3. hikerchick

hikerchick Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 6, 2009
    Dover, PA
    I am sorry this happened to you but why did your husband go after the guy in the first place? You really can't just take the law into your own hands. if the man tried to assault your children, you should have called the police; not gone after him.

4. klf73

klf73 Mad Scientist

Jun 1, 2008
    Maine
    Quote:well, he went to yell at him and he tried stabbing dh when he did. Dh didn't have his phone on him.....
    the DA said they wouldn't have done anything to him anyway, since it was their word against his, great justice (not)
    what you don't know is he threatened to shoot my dog and myself. He threatened to make my kids disappear. He put glass around my kids swingset. He tried stabbing dh with shears while dh was in our yard. This isn't perceived harrassment, he is crazy. He put kerosene in dh's gas tank. He tried breaking into our basement. He stole a dog from us and all this started after we took our dog back and the police told him we proved ownership so he would have to take us to civil court, he didn't because he stole the dog in the first place.....
    this is only a partial list of what he did over 3 years.....
    he was arrested once walking around our house shining a flashlight in the windows, scaring the heck outta the kids. The police caught him and arrested him but he didn't get prosecuted, they set it aside....

5. klf73

klf73 Mad Scientist

Jun 1, 2008
    Maine
    oh, and when dh was at work the neighbor would walk around on my property with shears cutting my trees, the kids couldn't play in their own yard

6. SarahBeth9394

SarahBeth9394 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 23, 2008
    I would have moved long ago. In fact I would still do it if the loon is coming back. He has no good reason to be near your property. As much as I wouldn't want to leave my home it just wouldn't be worth it to stay with all that going on.

7. Boyd

Boyd Recipient of The Biff Twang

Mar 14, 2009
    MI
    I'd get a dirty harry style handgun and wait outside [​IMG]

8. bheila

bheila Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 8, 2008
    Kent, Wa
    Time to move to the Westcoast. I'm sorry your having to deal with all of this. I would've gone to yell at the guy too(with backup), even though it's not the smartest thing to do [​IMG]

9. klf73

klf73 Mad Scientist

Jun 1, 2008
    Maine
    Quote:It's family property and a house my parents had built for us while dh was still in the military(we paid for it). He was just a renter and it took the owner years to get rid of him. She(his landlord) had a protection order against her husband and he called the husband to tell him where she was hiding. We plan on living here forever, or I would have moved......

10. SarahBeth9394

SarahBeth9394 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 23, 2008
    Quote:It's family property and a house my parents had built for us while dh was still in the military(we paid for it). He was just a renter and it took the owner years to get rid of him. She(his landlord) had a protection order against her husband and he called the husband to tell him where she was hiding. We plan on living here forever, or I would have moved......

With the kids in danger I would move and rent the house out. If the family wouldn't understand that your kids were in danger then they could buy you out.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by