I am so weak...seriously....is this an addiction?? PICS ADDED!

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by Bec, Jun 17, 2008.

1. Bec

Bec THE Delaware Blue Hen

I went to the feed store to get chicken layer and chickie crumbles...got them both. Oh and 2 EE babies!! They are sooo cute!! They are pullets!!! I am so weak. I promised myself I wouldn't get anymore and look now! Last spring I started with my BO's. Said I was only going to get 6, ended up with 7. Not bad. This year was only going to add one rooster, that was it. Now I am up to 20! Geeze. I think I am addicted. [​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 18, 2008
  2. Rare Feathers Farm

Rare Feathers Farm Overrun With Chickens

[​IMG] That makes TWO of us! LOL

3. farmgirlie1031

farmgirlie1031 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 26, 2008
    IA
    We were only gonna get a few. Now I have even more eggs in the bator but I am planning to sell a few of those if all goes well. We now have 29 chickens off all ages from 1 day-1year old.

4. Bec

I know everyone has seen their share of EE pics, but I will have to share mine later!! They are just sooo cute!! Hubby doesn't know yet, but he really won't be surprised. He has come home to find the following: A Candada goose (full grown) in the bath tub, a squirrel in the bathroom, a turtle in the play pen, 2 tubs of baby chickens in the living room and 2 snakes in the shed. Not much surprises him anymore...lol!!

Last edited: Jun 17, 2008
  5. summerwindsfarm

summerwindsfarm Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 5, 2008
    Stroud, Oklahoma
    Its definitely an addiction lol. Hello..my name is cheryl..and im a chickenaholic..as well as a hatchaholic lol.

We bought there little bantam roosters at auction about 5 years ago. Now i have 200-300 chickens and waterfowl at any one time..and sometimes during hatching season 400-500 birds. Ah yes..they are indeed addictive!

6. Crunchie

Crunchie Brook Valley Farm

Mar 1, 2007
    Maryland
    You think this is bad? Wait until you buy your first incubator! [​IMG]

7. Maggie3

Maggie3 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 4, 2008
    Central Michigan
    Oh ya, if you buy an incubator...it's all over after that.

8. Maggie3

Maggie3 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 4, 2008
    Central Michigan
    and actually I believe Miss Crunchie gave me my first eggs to hatch in mine. If I recall they were some Cuckoo Maran chickens that are in my backyard. [​IMG]

9. OHMYCHICKIES

OHMYCHICKIES Chillin' With My Peeps

May 28, 2008
    I started saying, I'm only gonna get six....I have 9 now....thought one was gonna die but didn't....and I'm gonna get six more by the end of the week...I hope only six :|

It's an addiction you can't seem to break

10. Bec

Oh I know!! Incubator coming next! spring!!! I really am in some big trouble, huh?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by