I am so worn out................

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by angelmarie, Jun 6, 2008.

1. angelmarie

angelmarie Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 3, 2008
    bakersfield
    Well as you all have probabely read from my numerous posts(sorry) I've been desperately looking for silkie roos well no luck, unless i'd like to spend 50 bucks to get it shipped. UUUghhh I am BURNT! I need an asprin........ lol

2. tx_dane_mom

tx_dane_mom Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 23, 2007
    SE Texas
    i was about to say ... it's only $40, but then i rememberd the whole $7 box fee...geeze.

3. Tsagirl

Tsagirl Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 9, 2007
    Eugene,OR
    Well if you ever come up to Oregon, you can have my silke roo. [​IMG] [​IMG]

4. dangerouschicken

dangerouschicken Will Barter For Coffee

May 6, 2007
    Columbia Gorge, OR
    I don't have silkies, but I have plenty of mean roos you can have up here, too. [​IMG]

5. tx_dane_mom

tx_dane_mom Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 23, 2007
    SE Texas
    well rather than buying just 1 roo, why don't you buy a mini-herd of them & keep what you want and sell the rest so that your roo will pay for himself? does that make sense? like if you buy 5 at $5/pc, keep them a month and keep your roo, and sell the other 4 for $8 or $10 and that'll give you a $20 profit which is almost 1/2 your shipping cost for your roo. I don't think that's too shabby.
    Trust me, I've learned to think futuratively (is that a word??) like that.

6. amyquilt

amyquilt Serama Mama

May 17, 2008
    Amarillo, TX
    Quote:That's a good idea. I'm thinking along those lines with trying to bring in a few live birds. All I have now is eggs in the bator.

7. chickenzoo

chickenzoo Emu Hugger

Quote:I've got plenty in Florida,LOL:lol:

8. angelmarie

Jun 3, 2008
    bakersfield
    ya i was thinking about goin to the round up its a local feed and animal store. they have black silkies but they're not sexed and i have no idea on how to sex them [​IMG] but thanks for your guys' advice [​IMG]

9. fallenweeble

fallenweeble Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 4, 2007
    hi angel,
    i'm down in s. cali - the san fernando valley.
    i have a pure white silkie who every day looks more and more like a ROO (darn it!!!!).
    his name, right now, is anna nicole. but i'm thinking i'm gunna have to change that right quick . . . ha.
    i was really hoping he would be a she because i want a pure white silkie soooooooo bad. but no.
    anywhoo. i know it is a bit of a drive but maybe, if you are interested, we could meet half way?
    i'd love for him to get a great home.
    thanks!

10. angelmarie

Jun 3, 2008
    bakersfield
    Quote:I'll definetly see if i can get a ride [​IMG] if i get chicks out of em ill have to reserve one 4 you i have a pure white silky hen

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by