I am so worried/excited/nervous

first time farmer

Songster
11 Years
Dec 31, 2008
New Hampshire
Ok so my 8 new Barred rocks are coming at the end of the month. I was reading a posts on here that were talking about chicks not being in the box , half the chicks being dead on arrival. I am so excited to be getting my first babies but am so nervous about things.

Last edited:
I feel the same way.
hmm.png

It's OK folks-- it is normal to worry the 1st time, or if you ever had problems.

I got mine ALL the way to Michigan from Texas (Ideal) in just 3 days... all alive ... only 2 died a few days later due to "birth defects".

Take a deep breath, and picture your happy, healthy fuzz-butts when they get there!

YES-- be prepared for anything that might happen... but don't let it stress ya!
wink.png

Me too, I'm so nervous! I called the PO today to give my phone # to them when they arrived, and the woman who answered was so cavalier about my chickens. I was like "HELLO lady, they are baby chickens and yes I want to pick them up and not have them delivered!"
roll.png

Don't worry. If you worry now, when they get there you will have worried for nothing. I know because I grew up with chickens and I still get excited and nervous! I suppose it is just someting that happens!!!

Good Luck!!!
fl.gif

I'm nervous too! Mine are coming next week. 25 Silver Spangled Hamburgs. I had chickens as a kid but I wasn't personally involved much in their day to day care - just threw out food for them sometimes so I've been reading and trying to learn about caring for chicks. I have my brooder all set and my shed is being delivered tomorrow (it's a kit- 10x10 wooden shed from Home Depot) and hopefully I can have it built by the time they are big enough to go in it!

Back
Top Bottom