I am soo nervous

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by sunnydee, Jul 21, 2008.

1. sunnydee

sunnydee Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 17, 2008
    Maine
    Just put my chicks outside tonight in their coop..for the first time! My daughter has not left them yet! They were pretty nerved up but with my daughter in there..they flew out of their "temp" home and are cautiously exploring, keeping close to her and her familiar voice. Thanks for listening......the nervous mom of 6 4weeks old chicks!

2. JennsPeeps

JennsPeeps Rhymes with 'henn'

Jun 14, 2008
    South Puget Sound
    The 1st night my girls spent outside, they made SUCH a noise when we first closed them in the coop. It took them about 15 minutes to calm down. Don't be surprised if they freak out tonight.

They - and you - will be OK.

3. JessicaGrant

JessicaGrant Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 22, 2008
    Western Mass
    I've been thinking of putting my 4 week old girls out but can't quite bring myself to do it yet! Good luck!

4. sunnydee

sunnydee Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 17, 2008
    Maine
    I have not finished their run yet, so they are just in the coop. They loved to be "let out" while in the house. I just went and checked on them and they are all back in their 2X5 tote which was their home in the house! Funny little buggers!!!

5. JennsPeeps

JennsPeeps Rhymes with 'henn'

Jun 14, 2008
    South Puget Sound
    When my girls were still in the houe we'd let them out to run around in the kitchen. They weren't allowed into the dining or living rooms because of hardwood floors & sisal rugs.

Last week they ventured into the kitchen and would NOT go past the floor division into the dining room!
    [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by