I am sooo disappointed!

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by nccountrygirl, Aug 18, 2007.

1. nccountrygirl

nccountrygirl Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 31, 2007
    Sanford N.C.
    We were suppose to get 6 Red Sex Links on the 24th. I talked to the man this morning and the whole flock had to be destroyed because of some illness. Now it will be October before we can get any and I'm going through withdrawals. I want some more chickens.

2. schmoo

schmoo Chillin' With My Peeps

May 7, 2007
    West MI.
    sorry to hear that..........on the bright side, atleast you didn't get them and THEN find out they were sick. If you ever visit Michigan I have some hens to sell [​IMG]

3. BeckyLa

BeckyLa Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 11, 2007
    N. Louisiana
    Oh yes, schmoo is right about that! What if you'd brought the new hens home and they gave their illness to the birds you already have! What a tragedy. I do understand your disappointment, though. Hang in there.

4. nccountrygirl

Jul 31, 2007
    Sanford N.C.
    I've only been as far north as Virginia. I would love to go up north some day, I hear it's beautiful [​IMG]

5. nccountrygirl

Jul 31, 2007
    Sanford N.C.
    Thanks ya'll, I will be looking around for some more.[​IMG]

6. Standard Hen

Standard Hen Chillin' With My Peeps

May 17, 2007
    Massachusetts
    Keep looking! Post an ad in your local feed store, try www.craigslist.org too. I am sure there are some chickens out there looking for a good home.

7. BeckyLa

BeckyLa Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 11, 2007
    N. Louisiana
    Try going to the Where am I? Where are you? forum and look for folks in your area. There are quite a few in NC so I'm sure, if you contact them, you'll find some good quality healthy hens within a short distance.

8. I'm sorry to hear that --- bet you are disappointed and I can't imagine how the fellow who lost the whole flock must feel. Did he say what illness?

I don't have red sex link's, but if you are coming down toward Aiken, SC I can set you up with some Barred Rock or Ameraucana girls, or if you're in the market for bantams, we have Japanese, Cochins, Modern Games, Silkies, Naked Necks...
    [​IMG]
    Lisa

9. nccountrygirl

Jul 31, 2007
    Sanford N.C.
    I know exactly where Aiken is, I was born and bred in Columbia, I lived there till I was 20. My mother and siblings and their families still live there. Thanks for the offer, I'm trying to find some locally though, it's a good little ride from Aiken to Columbia, and then it's almost a 4hr. drive from there to here, I'm afraid that would stress them out too much.

10. nccatnip

nccatnip Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 5, 2007
    Piedmont area NC
    If Concord is not too far for you I may have a contact who has RedStars.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by