I am soooo eggcited 2 broody hens

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by chick4chicks, Jun 26, 2010.

1. chick4chicks

chick4chicks Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 6, 2008
    N.E. Pa.
    Last evening my first Grandchick hatched, when I went to bed I had 3 hatched. I couldn't sleep. Finally about 5:30 this morning I couldn't take it anymore, I went out and checked I had 6 chicks. A while later I had 7 chicks, then 9, then 10. Went away for a while, came home and had 13 chicks. 12 from 1 hen and 1 from the other but Momma one left Momma two have 3 of hers so they are sharing how nice. Still have more eggs to go. Momma one had 20 eggs and Momma two had 6. You go Momma's [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    Love those sweet fuzzybutts. They are all Banty size. Mixes of Cochin, EE and Light Brahma.
    I'm so eggcited.
    I'm a Grandma.[​IMG] Now up tp 18 woohoo.

Last edited: Jun 27, 2010
  2. Peep Talk

Peep Talk Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 25, 2010
    Fort Loudon, PA
    Congratulations on all of the fuzzy butts so far! It is an awesome feeling being a chickie grandma! I just had broodies hatch out chicks the beginning of June and they were just so adorable peeking out from under my hens. [​IMG]

3. hinkjc

hinkjc Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Jan 11, 2007
    PA
    Go mamas! [​IMG] I have so many broodies, I don't know what to do. I finally caved in for two of them and loaded them down with eggs. They are so happy!

4. gryeyes

gryeyes Covered in Pet Hair & Feathers

My broody Buffy just hatched a chick today! I cannot tell you how eggscited I am! [​IMG]

Congrats from one chickie gramma to another!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by