I am soooo going to be in trouble when the wife comes home!!!!

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by ThreeGlovers, Dec 23, 2008.

1. ThreeGlovers

ThreeGlovers Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 15, 2008
    Beebe, Arkansas
    Anyone bake with a stone? What did I do wrong? I read the recipe in Mother Earth News about the bread. I just tried baking a loaf just like they said to. preheat oven and stone to 450. place dough on stone. add pan of water for steam. closed door. Guess what happened about 5 mins into the bake? The stone cracked in half! POP I looked in and OH BOY AM I IN TRUOBLE!!!! Any ideas what caused it to happen?

Bo

2. Guitartists

Guitartists Resistance is futile

Mar 21, 2008
    Michigan
    Oh no [​IMG] I don;t know.... was it VERY cold when you put it in??? I don't have stones.... so I'm not much help... quick! Run to the store and get a new one! lol And another extra one to go with it [​IMG]

3. RickiHupp

RickiHupp Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 24, 2008
    Newark, Ohio
    Well I have no idea what went wrong, but you better find some super glue [​IMG]

ahhhhh husbands....they never learn [​IMG] (kidding [​IMG] )

4. coloradochick

coloradochick Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 19, 2007
    Brighton, CO
    Hey TG I'd just be thrilled [​IMG] as all get out that my husband had even attempted to bake or make something other that to throw a hotdog in the microwave. You'd be forgiven at my house [​IMG]

5. joebryant

joebryant Overrun With Chickens

You have time to do what I'd do, anything to make it look like SHE did it. THINK FAST!

6. ThreeGlovers

Feb 15, 2008
    Beebe, Arkansas
    I'd love it if it was so easy as go buy another, but they are like cast iron. must be seasoned. also its pampered chef brand. I cant just run to wally world and pick one up.

Oh well..

7. wegotchickens

wegotchickens DownSouth D'Uccles & Silkies

Jul 5, 2007
    Sevier County, TN
    My DH would clear away the evidence and put the stone away where it was, leaving me to find it later and wonder what happened [​IMG]

Then I'd be bummed and he'd feel guilty, and he'd go buy me a new one [​IMG]

8. wegotchickens

wegotchickens DownSouth D'Uccles & Silkies

Jul 5, 2007
    Sevier County, TN
    Quote:Actually, Wally does have something similar. And you can season it with a can of whomp-um biscuits...

9. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

1) was the stone wet?
    2) did you put the water ON the stone?

[​IMG]

10. ThreeGlovers

Feb 15, 2008
    Beebe, Arkansas
    I may try to sand the edges smooth and tell hee she now has two stones. Thats better than one right??? on the upside i just took the bread out of the oven and it looks good and smells great.

Bo

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by