I am sooooo divorced....FINAL UPDATE pg 11 ***Photos***

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by ZooMummzy, Apr 15, 2009.

1. ZooMummzy

ZooMummzy Queen of the Zoo

Mar 31, 2008
    Philomath, Oregon
    when my husband comes home tonight.....but at least I have brooders full of chicks to love me [​IMG]

Photos coming soon...just getting them set up under the heat lamp. My local feed store got in their straight run mixed banties today and I am so weak [​IMG] I did the "flip them over and watch their legs" trick and picked out 5 that didn't fight and drew their legs up. Lol I know it's just an old wive's tale but I did it with the last 6 and I'm 99% sure they are all pullets.

Not sure what theses new babies are but maybe someone can help me with them once I get the photos up. Two them have feathered feet and the runt of the group (she might have a skin problem too) has really long and soft down compared to the others. I fell in love with her immediately [​IMG]

I'm still gonna be divorced though [​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 16, 2009
  2. aidenbaby

aidenbaby Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 10, 2009
    Lochbuie
    I thought I was going to be for sure when I came home with 2 more birds today. One may not make it, she (blue andalusian) was free because her hatch mates squished her in the box. The other is a sweet little Dominique. Hubby didn't say a word though.

3. Guitartists

Guitartists Resistance is futile

Mar 21, 2008
    Michigan
    Been there, done that! We need a special chicken addict counselor or something... someone who understands!!! [​IMG]

4. bulldog-girl

bulldog-girl Chillin' With My Peeps

May 16, 2008
    Estacada, OR
    IF he kicks you out, you can bring your chickies and move in with me. Oh....wait..if I did that my hubby may divorce me too. His famous last words..NO MORE CHICKENS!!![​IMG]

5. horsejody

horsejody Squeaky Wheel

Feb 11, 2008
    Waterloo, Nebraska
    Meet him naked at the door holding a beer and a pizza. He'll never notice the chicks.

6. TennesseeTruly

TennesseeTruly Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 5, 2009
    Church Hill, TN
    Ummm I may join you in divorce court because on top of the 13 chicks in the brooder, the 4 ducks we already have, the 3 bantys that hatched last night, the 65 eggs that are in the incubators, I'm getting 4 call ducks tomorrow.

ROFL!!!

Oh did I mention the Great Pyrenees puppy that we're getting to protect the flock?

That's not including the 3 dogs, 1 cat, 1 rooster, and 26 parrots we already have.

I'm in biiiiigggg trouble!

See you in divorce court!!! LOL

Laurie

7. PhlyinPheBee

PhlyinPheBee Poodles, Chicken, Goats--OH MY!!

Mar 11, 2009
    Northeast Louisiana
    Quote:[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

8. byrandom

byrandom Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 22, 2008
    Terrell, TX
    Quote:[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

9. Chew593

Chew593 Chillin' With My Peeps

Quote:[​IMG] funny!!!

10. vfem

vfem Yoga...The Chicken Pose

Aug 4, 2008
    Fuquay Varina, NC
    I was soooooooooooooooo lucky when my husband came home 2 weeks ago to a new duckling.... He walked by her 3 times before he finally said "I noticed her the first time, and long as SHE is a SHE, she can stay!"

LOL

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by