I am sooooo MAD!

herechickchick

Songster
12 Years
Mar 28, 2007
Memphis TN
So I ordered baby chicks from Murray. Got them all alive and kicking. Well cut to 5 1/2 weeks later my Buttercup Rooster is a ding dang GIRL!
barnie.gif

How did this happen? I know boys get switched for girls all the time but the other way around?

Has this happened to anyone else (ordered a rooster and got a pullet)? Oh and she is really cute!

I ordered two rosecomb brown leghorn boys and got one boy and one girl.
smile.png
I was okay with that, though. I'd also ordered four girls, so now I have five to go with my one boy.

This was with a different hatchery than where you purchased yours. Sexing isn't ever going to be 100%.

Quote:
I know sexing isn't always accurate. I just think it is funny, you always hear about people getting roosters instead of pullets but never the other way around. Oh well I guess we will just have to order more.
wink.png

Adam, having met you in person, I can just see the expression on your face when you figured that out. Sorry about the switch up, but I did get a chuckle!
Mandy

I was funny Mandy. I have had Buttercup Pullets before so when he started feathering out in the barred pattern I thought well maybe the solid feathers com in later. Well now I am certain it is a girl. I was so excited because I have always wanted to see a buttercup roo in person.

Back
Top Bottom