I am sooooo screwed. GUESS WHO'S BACK! Pic

Discussion in 'Predators and Pests' started by SterlingAcres, Oct 23, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SterlingAcres

SterlingAcres Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 17, 2008
    Poconos, PA
    I've always been kind and courteous on this forum. I go out of my way to be nice and apparently others cannot do the same. I do not wish to argue over or be judged for my bear problem any longer. I've deleted my posts, sorry to those I offended (may you all have the luxury of having a bear this big sit on your front porch or stalk your house [​IMG] )

I'll leave the picture, since everyone loved looking at it so much...

[​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 7, 2008
  2. SunAngel

SunAngel Chillin' With My Peeps

May 20, 2008
    Chambersburg, Pa.
    Omgosh, thank goodness he was only interested in the trash and not you guys or your chickens!

We were at a local auction last night and there was a guy next to us that we overheard talking. He was telling someone else about seeing a momma bear and two of her cubs in his front yard the night before last and he lives about 2 1/2 miles from me *shudder* We live at the base of a mountain surrounded by a huge state forest. I just hope any bears over my way stay up in the woods and don't come looking for my chickens! I've never seen many creatures in my yard, but now with Winter coming and this being the first year we have had chickens, I am starting to worry a bit.

Last edited: Oct 23, 2008
  3. bluey

bluey thootp veteran

Apr 10, 2008
    Washington, PA
    I don't think you're screwed as long as you can temporarily keep him from eating your chickens. I'd call the game commision and ask about possibly taking him earlier if he remains a huge nuisance.

Bear is yummy!

Good luck Shellie!

4. Morning Dove

Morning Dove Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 13, 2008
    Eastern Shore MD
    Next time FREEZE the paint balls first... then they hurt more! (But please don't try frozen paint balls on people, unless it's in self defense!)

Dove

5. SterlingAcres

SterlingAcres Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 17, 2008
    Poconos, PA

Last edited: Nov 7, 2008
  6. hypnofrogstevie

hypnofrogstevie chick magnet

Jul 12, 2007
    Newton NJ
    Quote:I did that once and shot a piece of plywood. Dented it down a bit. I use those on foxes and coyotes. The bears stay up next to the new houses and the S.O.B.'s up there feed the bears!

Last edited: Oct 23, 2008
  7. jbowyer01

jbowyer01 Just Me!

Aug 29, 2008
    Hogansville, Georgia
    WOW! Thank goodness I live in southwest Ga. all I have to worry about are things like skunks and coyotes. I probably would have fainted and been bear supper.

8. BeardedChick

BeardedChick Chillin' With My Peeps

Scary! By all means find out if you can dispatch him sooner than later. Especially since he's a threat to your livestock.

9. asher

asher Chicken Enabler Extraordinaire

Jan 26, 2007
    Mountains of NC
    Yes, please call someone! They may be able to transport him elsewhere. I wouldn't trust him around my birds (or other animals and kids, for that matter!) for four weeks. If it wants in, it'll get in...wherever it wants.

10. Quail_Antwerp

Quail_Antwerp [IMG]emojione/assets/png/2665.png?v=2.2.7[/IMG]Mrs

Aug 16, 2008
    Ohio
    I am thankful the bear was only interested in the garbage and not anything else!

I hope you are able to take him out sooner or someone will re-locate him.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by