I am soooooo bad!

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by HenMamma, Sep 24, 2008.

1. HenMamma

HenMamma Chillin' With My Peeps

May 10, 2008
    Emmet TWP, MI
    So I was at Farm and Home yesterday morning to get feed. I heard peeping..... [​IMG] there on the chick counter was a freshly picked up box of Isa's!!! I could not resist the urge. I asked if someone had special ordered them.... Nope, they are going to have them in store for the next 2 weeks. I left with five girls and a boy. I am so weak! I even wowed them with my chicken knowledge when they asked how I knew I was getting boys or girls. I told them yellow were boys brown were girls. They said they knew they were getting straight run Isa's , but they thought they had gotten a mixed batch and that what I said made sense.

Wooohooo!!!! I have more fuzzy butts!!!! [​IMG]

When I got home DH is all like "what are those?" and I am like "Duh, more chickies!"

2. cjeanean

cjeanean Can't Decide

Mar 5, 2008
    Missouri
    So what are ISA's? LOL, I'm the same way....I just can't afford to buy any more and have to hatch any additional chicks....of course, I don't have room for any more, but I'm gonna do it anyways, according to the hubby!

3. MagsC

MagsC Queen Of Clueless

Jul 27, 2008
    Minnesota
    I have heard a little about Isa Browns...but wasnt sure exactly what they were either?[​IMG]

4. HenMamma

HenMamma Chillin' With My Peeps

May 10, 2008
    Emmet TWP, MI
    Isa's are a specific type of sex-link chicken.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ISA_Brown

5. WestKnollAmy

WestKnollAmy The Crazy Chicken Lady Premium Member

Apr 22, 2008
    upstate SC
    I would not have been able to resist myself!
    You are so lucky! no one gets chicks around here this time of year so I can't even get tempted! I did hatch out a few a few weeks past and am enjoying those little brats but to find some, especially sex links, this time of year is great!

6. gritsar

gritsar Cows, Chooks & Impys - OH MY!

Nov 9, 2007
    SW Arkansas
    I just told my SO this morning...See! I'm not so bad! There are women on the forum that get first, answer to their DH later. [​IMG]
    He said he was proud of me. He doesn't know about my plans for spring. [​IMG]

7. needmorechickens!

needmorechickens! Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 2, 2008
    West TN
    Quote:[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    Awesome! Mine doesn't know I am getting more eggs next week!

~Rebecca

8. SGM

SGM Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 18, 2008
    Easley, SC
    Congratulations! You sound like me! [​IMG]

9. michelle1017

michelle1017 Goat Mama

Aug 21, 2008
    Missouri
    I can't go to our local Farm & Home store lately without bringing home some new babies! Hubby looked at me Sunday and told me that we had enough and I was done for the year. I just told him that if HE had picked up the grass seed himself when he was in town, we wouldn't have had that problem! He now makes all the trips to the store and doesn't bother to ask me to do it! You know you are addicted when...hahaha

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by