1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

I am sore :-P

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Chickerdoodle13, May 10, 2009.

1. Chickerdoodle13

Chickerdoodle13 The truth is out there...

Mar 5, 2007
    Phoenix, AZ
    I went riding for the first time in awhile today. I've been away at school for the past few months and jumped right back into the swing of things as soon as I got back home. I rode for about a half hour today just to warm up and thought for sure I would not feel it later. I can't believe how sore I am...and I barely did anything! Just goes to show out out of shape horse wise I've gotten over the past few months that I haven't ridden!

Anyways, I can't really complain as my horse was excellent and I'd rather be sore from horse back riding than anything else!

2. Mahonri

Mahonri Urban Desert Chicken Enthusiast Premium Member

May 14, 2008
    North Phoenix
    My Coop
    Glad it's a GOOD sore!

3. turney31

turney31 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 14, 2008
    palestine texas
    I am so happy for you! I know that it felt good to get back in the saddle again. There is nothing like a good ,long hot bath! Did you snuggle and smell her neck? I don't know why that is so comforting to me. Glad you're home, be safe. Micah [​IMG]

4. Black Feather

Black Feather Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 20, 2007
    *lol* Yup, know all about that!

Just remember, if you're sore you horse is probably sore too. Take it easy on yourselves and build up your stamina gradually and you'll both end up being in tip top shape without any injuries. I hate pulling muscles because I try to do too much too soon! Hmmmm.....I should take my own advice [​IMG]

UC

5. Chickerdoodle13

Chickerdoodle13 The truth is out there...

Mar 5, 2007
    Phoenix, AZ
    Thanks guys! Its great to be home.

My dad actually works with this horse when I am away. He was quite the devil this spring and we were ready to sell him off. Then we switched his food to pellets without any molasses. Now, between training and the food change, he is a completely new horse.

I'm not doing too much with him though. I haven't really ridden him much since we got him because he was so hot on the previous feed. Now I am just getting him to relax, move off leg pressure, back, whoah, and trot. We do about a half hour of that. I haven't tried loping him myself this year yet. My dad had him going a little bit the other day and he was jumping around a bit. He didn't buck persay, but looked like he may have. After a little bit of warming up he loped perfectly. I think he just needs more work!

We brought in a new horse today and I am hoping she works out for us. She was a spare of the moment decision and was free, but if she doesn't work out, we'll be bringing her back where we got her from. She's absolutely gorgeous, about 16hh, red roan, QH mare. She is about five years old. I will have pictures up soon!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by