1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

I am starting to dream about them...

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by Rachel'sFlock, Jun 13, 2011.

1. Rachel'sFlock

Rachel'sFlock Chillin' With My Peeps

I dreamed that someone had cut the height of my nest boxes in half, and created 2 of one. the eggs had all fallen onto the floor, and the 13 week old chicks had all become egg eaters.
    There were also a couple of nests that had 5 or 6 little jelly-bean sized (and shaped) eggs in them ??? [​IMG]
    Upon discovering I had "lost control" of the coop, I promptly woke myself up. It was just too terrible! [​IMG]

The real hens were scratching and pecking in the yard, just as they always are. Coop was fine, and Mum felt like a bit of a nutter.

2. NYRIR

NYRIR Chillin' With My Peeps

May 13, 2010
    Petersburg,NY
    [​IMG] I love it! You are officially a "bird-brain!" [​IMG]

3. Rachel'sFlock

Quote:Boyyy, u got that right! [​IMG]

4. HennyPennyHenHouse

HennyPennyHenHouse Out Of The Brooder

Apr 3, 2011
    Long Island, NY
    I already have chicken dreams and mine are not even outside in the coop yet! I can only imagine how the anxiety of their first night outside will manifest in my dreams. If I even sleep... [​IMG]

5. Yay Chicks!

Yay Chicks! Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 15, 2010
    Forest Grove, OR
    Ah, yes, chicken catastrophe dreams! [​IMG] Mine usually involve them escaping through an open gate just as night is rapidly falling.

6. Rachel'sFlock

Quote:This was my second batch of peeps, and I was a little less mental about their going outside to the coop. But when my 6 biddies were babies, I missed the peeping from their brooder soooo badly, and I did have a devil of a time sleeping that first night. I slept with the window open so I could hear them from my bedroom.
    Don't feel badly. Most of us are complete freaks about our chooks!

7. Rachel'sFlock

Yay Chicks! :

Ah, yes, chicken catastrophe dreams! [​IMG] Mine usually involve them escaping through an open gate just as night is rapidly falling.

Oh, of course!
    This was my second irreversible egg-eater syndrome dream.​

8. dreamer5577

dreamer5577 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 16, 2011
    Pennsylvania
    Rachel'sFlock :

Quote:Boyyy, u got that right! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by