I am such a bad mother to my chickens

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by Sillystunt, Oct 26, 2009.

1. Sillystunt

Sillystunt Master of the Silly

Jul 11, 2008
    Winter Haven, FL
    So it started raining so i run out to cover the quail(forgot to do that) and grabbed the baby goat(cause the older ones won't let it in their house when it rains) threw the baby in the coop and was like..............

Why are their no chickens in the coop??? Pouring rain, wet as a pool and starting to panic. I run around the shed to see the back run and they are all on the perches. Sleeping in the rain. OK , my chickens have never gotten wet! They are spoiled brats. I see the ameraucanas huddles under the board on top of the feed , staying dry.

I am so baffeled, confused, wet and then i look.
    WHAT THE HECK, someone closed the coop door! They couldn't get in....ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh I run around the shed, open the goat pen, run and go into the run and open the door. the ameracanas run right in. I run out and run around the back, darn chickens are still on their perches.

OHHHHHHHHHHHH, they are sleeping. Woke them all up, they didn't like that and they jump on the ground, wet. I run back around the shed(it is pouring rain) and they are dazed and walking hopefully into their coop. I couldnt see cause my eyes were burning from the product in my hair. I had to retreat~

I AM A BAD MOTHER~

Last edited: Oct 26, 2009
  2. AilsVonHelson

AilsVonHelson Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 2, 2008
    Orlando, FL.
    Sounds like that scene in Jurassic Park!

3. Sillystunt

Sillystunt Master of the Silly

Jul 11, 2008
    Winter Haven, FL
    I must a looked like such a goober! Thank god it was dark out [​IMG]

4. BWchicken

BWchicken Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 4, 2009
    Texas
    Oh, that's a funny story! Hey, you ran around in the dark getting soaked in the pouring rain to get all your animals to shelter, that makes you a great mother! (even if you did look like a goober!) [​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 27, 2009
  5. BWchicken

BWchicken Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 4, 2009
    Texas
    *edited to delete double post

Last edited: Oct 27, 2009
  6. Fuffy

Fuffy Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 3, 2009
    Jersey, GB
    [​IMG] If you are such a bad mother, why does your story sound SO much like me?

Could it be that I am a bad mother too? [​IMG]

7. annie3001

annie3001 My Girls

Jun 11, 2009
    Ct.
    [​IMG][​IMG]........thanks for the smile this morning!

8. jaimslee4u

jaimslee4u Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 11, 2009
    Maine
    The things we do for our children....even the ones with feathers.[​IMG]

9. BTufts

BTufts Out Of The Brooder

Jun 1, 2009
    Maine
    I once accidentally locked my girls out of their coop. [​IMG] I couldn't figure out why at sunset they started trying to jump through my window screens!! Poor things were roosted all over the place! I was certainly not their favorite chicken-parent for a few days!

10. toletiquesbysam

toletiquesbysam Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 19, 2008
    Nebraska
    My girls don't mind the rain, they look terrible soaking wet and it makes me feel bad, but I know they enjoy being out! You need to let them enjoy life a little more, and quit spoiling them!! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by