I am SUCH a crazy duck mom!

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by Miss Ducky, Jul 16, 2010.

1. Miss Ducky

Miss Ducky Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 29, 2010
    Michigan
    I slept over at my friends house yesterday....and I took my ducklings with me. I packed a dog crate and a brooder light into the car, and set it up when I got there. (The ducklings have a basket they rode in) I think that they're getting used to my eccentric ways. Oh, gosh, I'm crazy.... [​IMG] I've noticed that my ducklings have always gotten along with other (predatory) pets. We have two cats that ignore them, my aunt had two dogs over a while ago that were mildly interested in them, and ditto for my friends' cat and dog. Huh.

Last edited: Jul 16, 2010
  2. Amiga

Amiga Overrun with Runners Premium Member

Jan 3, 2010
    Southern New England
    There have been so many times I missed my eleven runners so, that I wondered how I might bring them with me . . . . .

3. nettie

nettie Enslaved by Indoor Ducks

Nov 20, 2008
    Chicago, IL
    I've had to sneak up to four ducks into a hotel room before... One time I had to go past an office, so i wrapped victor up in a towel, and ming mei sat in a re-usable shopping bag. lol. They were none the wiser. I was in Atlanta for three days, so I took them with me. I lived in AL at the time and didn't have a duck sitter. Now that I'm living back in IL, I hire either my mom or sister to duck sit for me. lol. (Besides, six ducks is just too many for a hotel, lol).

I'm glad your friend was okay with bringing smelly ducklings over! [​IMG]

4. Mom 2em All

Mom 2em All Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 20, 2008
    Southeast Michigan
    ooooh Nettie! How did you keep them quiet? Quackers would have announced to the world that she was in the hotel room and that she deserved room service!!

I once had to sneak a tortoise into a hotel room- I drove to Indianapolis to adopt him, and we were staying the night in Fort Wayne. hahahha. Then, on another occasion, I was rehabbing a baby squirrel who had to be kept warm and fed regularly, so that one came to the hotel with me also.

[​IMG]

5. Miss Ducky

Miss Ducky Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 29, 2010
    Michigan
    I loved reading about your exploits tricking the hotels! After reading these I might just have to sneak my ducks on vacation with me in California later this summer [​IMG] Maybe not. I think my friend tolerated the stink better than my parents...the ducklings are getting moved to an outdoor pen today. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by