1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

I am thinking about purchasing the new brinsea 20 advanced............

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by standardbanty, Mar 28, 2009.

1. standardbanty

standardbanty Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 8, 2008
    Maryland
    Hi everybody. I was thinking about purchasiing the new brinsea octagon 20 advanced. Does anybody have this incubator.. DO you like it ..is it more reliable than styrafoam? all opinions would be appreaciated. \\

Thanks

2. ChickBond 007

ChickBond 007 Licensed to Cull

Feb 26, 2009
    Madison County, Iowa
    There are tons of people purchasing this incubator at the fantastic price it is currently at. It is giving me buyer's remorse because I just purchased the 1588 Hovabator Genesis with turner two weeks ago. However, I love the 'plug and play' effect of the Hovabator Genesis. It has maintained a constant temperature and humidity is simple to control as well. I understand that the Brinsea you are considering has a water well which may be easier than trying to load water into the 1588 tray. I think either are good choices, however Brinsea seems to be the cadillac of small bators.

3. Backyard Farm

Backyard Farm Certified Personal Chicken Attendant

Apr 1, 2009
    I have had the Octagon 20 advanced with the auto humidity pump since last year.

It is very reliable for humidity. Found I needed to turn the temp up to 37.7 or 37.8 to get a 37.5 temp inside. It cannot be re-calibrated so I just turned it up a little.

It is a pretty tight space for hatching so I hatch in an old styrofoam.

All in all... very easy to use and very reliable..

Set it and forget it. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by