I am THRILLED! I Finally had some babies hatch!

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by Sugroxz, May 19, 2011.

1. Sugroxz

Sugroxz Out Of The Brooder

Mar 31, 2011
    Pleasant Hope, Missouri
    Being a Newbie I have had zero conception rate on my eggs in my bator and finally I had some hatch which it is still low but I got 8 babies and this little baby was my very first one that suprised me! [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. jcfuente51

jcfuente51 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 18, 2011
    nice verry cool 8 babys out of how many eggs? im on day 19 and i have 4 babys out of 15 eggs so far. [​IMG]

3. Sugroxz

Sugroxz Out Of The Brooder

Mar 31, 2011
    Pleasant Hope, Missouri
    Quote:Thanks! I really lost count on how many eggs I did set.. (ALOT LOL) I'd had no luck with the 2 batches I sat before and on this batch just sat them on the turner and forgot about them.

4. aubreynoramarie

aubreynoramarie designated lawn flamingo

May 27, 2010
    Reno, Nevada
    lucky you! i tried one time. out of 30 eggs i had 4 make it to lockdown and all four died before even an internal pip. it was heartbreaking and i am afraid to try again [​IMG]

5. jcfuente51

Mar 18, 2011
    Quote:this its my 3rd time doing it i have had bad experinces the other times all fully form chicks with no pips and die in the egg but im looking good so far this time i have 4 out of 15 and 1 with a pip that hasnt make it out yet.. butm i already have the next batch of eggs that are goin in after this one finishes.. [​IMG]

6. aubreynoramarie

aubreynoramarie designated lawn flamingo

May 27, 2010
    Reno, Nevada
    Quote:this its my 3rd time doing it i have had bad experinces the other times all fully form chicks with no pips and die in the egg but im looking good so far this time i have 4 out of 15 and 1 with a pip that hasnt make it out yet.. butm i already have the next batch of eggs that are goin in after this one finishes.. [​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. matlock585

matlock585 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 22, 2011
    White Bluff, TN
    I'm about to set some in a home made bator.... It's hard not to have high hopes for it, it runs perfect temp/rh. I've simulated lockdown and had no problem with raising rh. I hope it works. I want at least one fuzzybutt pic.
    Congratulations on yours!
    [​IMG]

8. jcfuente51

Mar 18, 2011
    Quote:pic of my babys? or what are you talking about? [​IMG]

9. matlock585

matlock585 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 22, 2011
    White Bluff, TN
    LOL... I mean I want some pics of fuzzybutts from my bator which has not seen an egg yet. I'm excited for you to get some hatched, and can't wait till I'm in your shoes.
    [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by