I am tired of them being in the house.

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by feather and mountain man, Feb 23, 2011.

1. feather and mountain man

feather and mountain man Corn fed Indiana farmgirl

Jan 17, 2010
    With this last cold snap I am not sure if I can put them in the outside brooder. Uhg. They are a month old not and getting big but are nearly bald in areas that their feathers haven't grown in yet. [​IMG]

They are loud rowdy dusty and smelly every morning. [​IMG]

2. JustAChickenLittle&More

JustAChickenLittle&More Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 25, 2010
    Florida
    I don't mind the chicks being in the house, but I am sure tired of being in the house. [​IMG]

3. Hottchick

Hottchick Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 29, 2010
    I agree with everyone. Bring the spring!

4. chickie fam

chickie fam Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 31, 2011
    Erwin, NC
    I think we all got a case of spring fever!!

My older chicks are almost ready to move outside, they aren't as cute as they used to be now that they lost all their fuzz but still have some feathers to grow....but they're fun when I let them run around outside for a little bit!!

5. feather and mountain man

feather and mountain man Corn fed Indiana farmgirl

Jan 17, 2010
    Quote:You are so right! [​IMG]

My chicks are the same way.

6. wonachickencooptoday

wonachickencooptoday Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 22, 2010
    I agree with Feather Man!! My chicks are three weeks old now. They are in my shower!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Enclosed with black plastic and cardboard, then shavings- Dirty, smelly and rowdy also. I am counting the days til they can go outside.

7. EELover

EELover Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 15, 2010
    Put them in your garage. It's warmer than outside and you don't have to worry about them being inside. As long as they have their heating lamp and shelter, they will be fine.

8. RedneckChikns

RedneckChikns Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 25, 2011
    Plant City, FL
    I have the opposite complaint....Im in FL and Ive been raising chicks all winter long...now my brooder room is getting to HOT with air temps in the mid to upper 80's. I HATE IT!!! Bring back WINTER!!!! I dont know how you folks are keeping them in the house!?!?!?!...even on a good day they make a cat's litter box smell plesant, and the DUST and DANDER....its NOT HEALTHY to be breathing that stuff! Stick them outside with heat lamps...or at least a shed or garage or something. Mine do JUST FINE to lows of about 25 (yes we get those nights) with heat lamps and protected from drafts.

9. sawmane1

sawmane1 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 22, 2011
    Mcminnville, Oregon
    [​IMG]mine arent allowed in side

10. chickie fam

chickie fam Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 31, 2011
    Erwin, NC
    Quote:Thats why I'm only allowed to have chicks while its still cool outside. Once it gets warmer outside all my chicks are moving out there. They are in my bathroom and it makes it too hot to want to shower sometimes!!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by