I am wanting to turn this into a coop any ideas

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by CherishHolland, Jul 23, 2013.

1. CherishHolland

CherishHolland Songster

Apr 16, 2013
    Canyon Texas
    My children have outgrown their plastic playhouse so I am thinking I can turn it into a coop for my 3 bantam silkies and my blue polish bantam who was injured and is comfortable being with the silkies and has been separated from her original flock for 2.5 weeks
    This is what the playhouse looks like found a picture on google but this is the model.

Any ideas,input is welcome.

[​IMG]

I was thinking maybe I can repaint it place some carpenter cloth over the windows and door drill some holes in for a roosting bar ugh I am not sure but this is what my weekend project will be.

2. crested1990

crested1990 In the Brooder

Mar 22, 2013
    put it on concrete so things dont dig under it, and wire anything open with chicken wire

3. CherishHolland

CherishHolland Songster

Apr 16, 2013
    Canyon Texas
    I was planning on using carpenter cloth on the windows and doors and building the run around the coop and burying part of the fencing material. I figured it would be big enough for 3 bantam silkies and a bantam polish who was attacked by my devil cochins and ended up with some neuro problems as well as wry neck. Her and the silkies get along great and I don't fear them attacking her like the cochins did,she looks almost like your avatar picture. Since we will be burying the fencing material I am going to forgo the concrete. My main concern is where the roofing meets up I might just tarp the top of it so it doesn't rain on them. I just don't want to see this little house go to waste.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: