I am worried

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by gapeachy, Mar 24, 2009.

1. gapeachy

gapeachy Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 21, 2008
    Rome Ga
    I am on day 6 in the hovabator/fan/tuner.....I am worried that something might have not went right and my first time at incubating will not be a success.....My temp sometimes goes down to 98 and this morning it was 101....

2. magikchick

magikchick ~FEATHERFOOTED DIVA~

Apr 21, 2007
    SW Florida
    Everything should be fine. That's not much of a temp flux. I've had mine shoot up to 105 and still had a good hatch. You could candle and see what's going on, that always puts my mind at ease.

The hova-bator is a great unit. That's what I use now and love it.[​IMG]

3. gapeachy

gapeachy Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 21, 2008
    Rome Ga
    what would I be looking for in candling right now?

4. spook

spook Chillin' With My Peeps

Its tough while incubating, we worry and fuss - me included, but sometimes a hen will set in a sunny place and she will get a bit warm too, and for a short amount of time, she leaves the nest to drink, eat or rest, and the eggs may be in the shade, so they cool down a bit.
    Nature takes into account for all these things. But sometime nature is not on our side!
    I'll be looking forward to hearing how your hatch went.
    Oh, and by the way, more of us have had "failure" batches. We all get mad, but in the end, we can find another batch of eggs to tuck in there.
    Good luck!

5. miss_jayne

miss_jayne Lady_Jayne

Jun 26, 2008
    Columbiaville, MI
    Quote:not too much. wait at least until day 7 before candling. worrying wont make the hatch more successful, it will only tire you out. enjoy the ride.

it's going to be fun. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by