I aquired 4 parakeets. LOL

Discussion in 'Other Pets & Livestock' started by SarahBeth9394, Jan 7, 2010.

1. SarahBeth9394

SarahBeth9394 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 23, 2008
    I have a good friend who's son is just crazy about animals of all kinds. They do get him what he wants for the most part but they have the land and the means and enjoy the animals as well. Well the daddy took their son somewhere and he spent his allowance on 3 parakeets. A few days later the daddy decided they needed a better cage so off they went. They were all looking around the store in different directions and when they met at the counter the daddy had picked out a Cadillac of a cage and 5 more keets. Something told me that this was going to be more than my friend wanted to have. So I told her wow that's alot of keets if you get tired of them I'll take them off your hands. This was the first week of December. Low and behold 2 nights ago I got a call with a plea for me to come take some birds. They gave us 4 keets, the cage (which is just fine for 4) and feed dishes.

These keets aren't real tame and it will take some time but it will happen. I haven't decided on putting a nest in there or not. I told my daughter to wait on that for now. So since we have Turd Fergueson AKA Mr. Fluffy Man my daughter gets to have the keets in her room. You should have seen the look on my hubby's face when I told him that we were getting keets. And he took it well considering I didn't let him say no. I told him the whole story and gave him a drink to ease the shock.

Sorry no pics. I gotta figure out how to use facebook and hubby's account first. There's two periwinkle ones and two yellow and green ones.

2. Crazyland

Crazyland Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 14, 2009
    Sandhills NC
    Oh what fun! Congrats!

3. Bantimna

Bantimna Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 29, 2009
    South Africa
    [​IMG] Have fun, I have two: Blueberrie and Bluebud.

4. SarahBeth9394

Aug 23, 2008
    It looks as tho the girl may be a boy. Her cere looks to be slightly turning blue. I read that in very young keets it can happen.

5. Oh congrats , i bet you will really enjoy them ! We have ten parakeets and they are fun to watch and listen too . Actually DH is wanting to get more [​IMG]

6. SarahBeth9394

Aug 23, 2008
    I'm trying to get them to enjoy some veggies. I think they've been given only seed till now. They're great until they get to screeching at each other. But all of the normal chirps and noises I do really like.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by