I baked a few things today - biscotti and more! (photos)

Discussion in 'Egg, Chicken, & Other Favorite Recipes' started by MissPrissy, Mar 1, 2009.

1. MissPrissy

MissPrissy Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

May 7, 2007
    Forks, Virginia
    My husband commutes to NoVa for work. The last couple weeks he has some very long days in DC. On those days I know he doesn't eat lunch or snacks. I know he doesn't take a break for much more than a cup coffee. He leaves here at 3am and might get home at 7pm. Very long days.

I decided to take matters into my own hands after several days of his eye sunken, his skin ashy and his shaking from lack of nurishment the entire day until he has had supper.

I baked things today for him to take and 'share with the class' so to speak. I know he will eat the BLT with sliced chicken sandwhiches my DD packed for him - he only eats lunch if I force it on him - but he'll also have snacks with his coffee and won't get the low blood headache.

I did:

poppyseed loaves and instead of lemon extract I used Limoncello (woohoo, Al, you have to try it LOL), carrot cake loaves and cranberry orange loaves.

[​IMG]

chocolate orange biscotti

[​IMG]

and cranberry pecan biscotti

[​IMG]

Excellent recipe, Al. It cut beautifully!

[​IMG]

Next time I am going to try it with the limoncello and lemon zest.

2. MichiganWoods

MichiganWoods DD (Artistic Digital Diva)

Oct 6, 2008
    West Michigan
    Whoa! [​IMG] Those pictures sure aren't doing anything for my will power! Looks DELICIOUS! [​IMG]

3. MissPrissy

May 7, 2007
    Forks, Virginia
    The biscotti is sinful!!

4. carinlynchin

carinlynchin Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 18, 2009
    I've seen your site and I've gotta say....you cook some amazing things...my mouth waters when I see these pics...they look so good!!!

5. Henrietta23

Henrietta23 Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 20, 2007
    Eastern CT
    Very inspiring! I've got to try the poppy seed loaves with limoncello. Limoncello is a favorite of ours. [​IMG]
    If we're snowed in tomorrow like I'm expecting we'll be, I'm going to be in a baking frenzy. [​IMG]

6. Feathers Acres

Feathers Acres Chillin' With My Peeps

May 31, 2008
    Michigan
    You know its not cool to post pictures like that during lent!

[​IMG]

7. MissPrissy

May 7, 2007
    Forks, Virginia
    I am not Catholic or of a religion that observes Lent. [​IMG] [​IMG]

8. al6517

al6517 Real Men can Cook

May 13, 2008
    MP :

They all look sooo great, glad the Biscotti worked for you it does look very good. and all the other goodies too, your hubby is a lucky man, keep watchin out for the ole boy, he seems to be really hard after it.
    Thanks for posting your results. What do you want to colabarate on next hehe. Today my DH & DD doted after me on my B-day, so it was fun.

AL

9. chickenannie

chickenannie Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 19, 2007
    Pennsylvania
    Mmmm...mmmm!

Miss Prissy, do you have any good casserole recipes? I'd love to start a thread like that but thought I'd make sure you hadn't posted them before...

10. klf73

klf73 Mad Scientist

Jun 1, 2008
    Maine
    oh MP, I wish I lived in your neighborhood.... [​IMG]
    I'd have to visit often [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by