I believe I have a little Hen and a little Tom

PlumTuckered

Crowing
15 Years
Jun 27, 2007
Arkansas
When my grown Turkey's poults grew up we gave them to friends, they in turn gave us 3 of their eggs when the hen started laying. I hatched the 3 in the house and kept 2, gave the third baby back to the friends that gave me the eggs. I do believe I have a little hen and a little Tom. This is them this evening before going into the coop for the night. Her blue head had me thinking she was a boy, but yesterday she was giving me a snuggle and I realized she still has feathers on her head, her caruncles are no where near the size of his and she's built a little smaller than him..oh and the teeny tiny snood. Here are some shots:

above is the two of them side by side. I believe the one on the left is the hen and the the one on the right the Tom...that's their GrandDaddy in the background.
Here is a cropped shot of her alone, she has the cream lacing on her chest feathers, he has no cream lacing on his chest at all.

Michelle

I can post a photo of my bronze pair when they were young I believe..... let me look

my hen when she was a few months old.

My little jake

Not the best view of him, but you can see there is a difference in these snoods and the shapes of there eyes and the waddle :)

It's a pair
wink.png

Back
Top Bottom