I believe I have a respiratory infection in the coop.

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by TCollier, Nov 23, 2010.

1. TCollier

TCollier Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 22, 2010
    Franklin, Ohio
    Several of my chickens have dried discharge over their nostrils and my biggest roo has just sat around for 2 days now. Eyes closed looks puffy he also has discharge and some are sneezing. I have looked on TSC's web page and I do not see anything for chickens as far as antibiotics. But the name is right. But says for hogs or goats.

Can someone tell me exactly what I need to pick up from TSC and how to use it.

2. end9586

end9586 Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 22, 2009
    Louisville, KY
    be careful because they cold have infectious coryza, that and a respritory problem show the same symptoms.

3. welasharon

welasharon Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 28, 2010
    North Florida
    I had just one of mine start sneezing and had runny discharge on his face. I put him on sulmet and it helped. It seemed to come up with the change in weather. He still occasionally will sneeze but there is no discharge.
    sharon

4. RedRoosterFarm

RedRoosterFarm **LOVE MY SERAMAS**

Mar 25, 2010
    Eatonville, Washington
    Its that time of year! Seperate the sick ones. Sulmet is good but if it keeps up might treat with tylan 50 injectable .35cc 3 to 5 days. You can also drop it in the goopy eyes and in the mouth but best in the breast. Works great for me.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by