I believe problem found!**Not looking good**

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by Farmer Kitty, May 31, 2008.

1. Farmer Kitty

Farmer Kitty Flock Mistress

Sep 18, 2007
    Wisconsin
    Today is day 22. I had some temp issues early on and one night we lost power for a while so, I expect the hatch to be late-okay there. Yesterday afternoon the humidity went up in the bator by 5% when I did nothing to make it do so. Now today it has come back down to where I had it. Is this normal or is it an indication of something going on?

Last edited: Jun 5, 2008
  2. SoccerMomof7

SoccerMomof7 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 13, 2008
    Kansas
    Oh I hope this hatch works out for you!!

[​IMG] [​IMG]

3. Farmer Kitty

Sep 18, 2007
    Wisconsin
    Quote:Thanks, I hope so to. Two sets without a hatch would be extremely disappointing.

4. VanSintjan

VanSintjan Out Of The Brooder

May 23, 2008
    Belgium
    The humidity increased a bit for me for every chick that was born but not until the actual hatch. Good luck to you. I am on day 22 too but with my brody hen and nothin yet but it is diddicult to see.

5. Farmer Kitty

Sep 18, 2007
    Wisconsin
    I thought when I saw it go up that maybe we would have a chick as I know it will go up at hatch time but, alas, no chick. [​IMG]

6. annrich

annrich Chillin' With My Peeps

May 27, 2007
    Western NY
    [​IMG] good luck!!!!

7. Three Cedars Silkies

Three Cedars Silkies Overrun With Chickens

Apr 17, 2008
    Gainesville, Fl.
    Did you candle on day 18? How were they then? I bet they're just taking a little extra time because of the temp changes early on. [​IMG] [​IMG]

8. Farmer Kitty

Sep 18, 2007
    Wisconsin
    I'm sure that's why they are taking the extra time. [​IMG] At least I hope that's why. I only candled enough to throw the obvious bads on day 18. I had candled on day 14 and I had moving chicks. I was wondering why the humidity went up and then back down.

9. coffeemama

coffeemama Barista Queen

Mar 5, 2008
    Oregono
    If the humidity goes up outside, it could also go up in the bator. I haven't ever seen humidity go up unless the room gets more humid, chicks hatch, or I plug the holes. Good luck with your hatch!

10. SoccerMomof7

SoccerMomof7 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 13, 2008
    Kansas
    How are they doing? Any chicks yet?

[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by