I blogged about my first week with my new chickies.

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by lswatson111304, Oct 13, 2011.

1. lswatson111304

lswatson111304 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 18, 2009
    Milano, TX
    I had a ton of trouble uploading the photos to blogger, so I'm too lazy to repeat that process here. If you would like to check it out, its full of pics of the babies, and a pic of the brooder i made for them. I'm proud, I did it myself, and even used my husband's power tools to cut the back of it, and the flooring! LOL

http://bluebonnetbottoms.blogspot.com/2011/10/whats-on-your-tv-or-in-it.html

2. Frost Homestead

Frost Homestead eggmonger

Jul 9, 2011
    Lago Vista, TX
    [​IMG] what an awesome idea! I love your little white silkie. I just bought one just like yours, they are soooo adorable

3. Juiced10

Juiced10 Out Of The Brooder

Sep 26, 2010
    Syracse, NY
    Love the Chick TV! After seeing your babies I can't wait until spring to get some more little ones of my own....still scratching my head to figure out when I became the crazy chicken lady....
    [​IMG]

4. lswatson111304

Sep 18, 2009
    Milano, TX
    OH thanks! Are we talking about the tiny white one? I don't think the little white one is a silkie though. All the little yellow and white, and orange ones are just mixed breeds that I bought locally. The one though does have like 1 feather on each foot. Her beak is blue, but her feet are pink. I don't know what she is, but she is one of my favorites!
    My 2 dark ones are silkies. Which I don't know much about at all, but i do know that someone a few miles down the road was selling them, and I wanted them! LOL

ETA- I looked through her fluff and her skin is dark as well, could she be a mix? I know that the people did have 1 white silkie roo that they were selling.

Last edited: Oct 13, 2011
  5. lswatson111304

Sep 18, 2009
    Milano, TX
    Quote:Oh I know, I'm totally calling myself that!!! DH thinks I'm nuts!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by