I BOUGHT 12 CHICKS 3 WEEKS AGO AND DON'T KNOW WHAT BREED THEY ARE CAN ANYONE HELP

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by tarillow, Mar 21, 2012.

1. tarillow

tarillow Out Of The Brooder

Dec 20, 2009
    Vilas, NC
    I BOUGHT THESE CHICKS AT 2 WEEKS OF AGE FROM A FRIEND WHO DOESN'T KNOW WHAT BREED THEY ARE EITHER. THEY ARE NOW 5 WEEKS OLD AND I STILL CAN'T FIGURE IT OUT. 1 OR 2 OF THEM IS BLACK, SOME ARE BROWNISH, BUT THE MAJORITY OF THEM ARE BLUE AS CAN BE AND THEY ALL HAVE DARK LEGS.
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

2. farmerChef

farmerChef Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 18, 2010
    Southern Georgia
    My Coop
    Do you know where they came from? Like a hatchery or breeder? I see some rose combs, maybe some wyandottes?
    I see 4 roos, 2 looking at each other in first pic, and the chicks in the last two pictures.

3. tarillow

tarillow Out Of The Brooder

Dec 20, 2009
    Vilas, NC
    i bought them off a friend, my friend bought them as hatching eggs, and my friend had bought the hatching eggs (thinking they were Rhode island reds) from a friend whom bought the eggs at an auction.
    they hatched outta brown eggs and the chicks came out all blue, there's a couple blue and brown, and a couple that are solid black.
    my neighbor gave me a website to look at www.feathersite.com
    and i think they look like a breed of chicken on there that is called a (Delaware Blues)
    tell me what you think?
    oh and i don't think there wynadottes cause I've been raising gold and silver wynadottes the past couple years.

thanks

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by