I bought a live trap

Discussion in 'Predators and Pests' started by ruthie, May 7, 2009.

1. ruthie

ruthie Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 29, 2009
    Nebraska
    Yesterday morning I discovered that I was missing 2 chicks. So I drove 25 miles to the nearest TSC to buy a live trap. I found a weak spot in the coop wall where a predator could get in and thats where I put the trap(I fixed the wall) First thing this morning my hubby told me I had better go check the trap and get rid of the predators that I caught. So I put on my thick leather gloves and grabbed a big stick and went out there. Well the 2 missing chicks were in the trap. I am so glad they are safe but I think it will be a long time before I live this one down. Now I am hunting for another spot where they must be getting in and out.

2. arllcountrygirl

arllcountrygirl lavender nutt

[​IMG] Glad you got your chicks - they must be some mean ones - since you had to have leather gloves and a big stick [​IMG] I don't know if I would want that breed around or not. [​IMG]

Just kidding [​IMG]

3. Paganbird

Paganbird CrescentWood Farm

Apr 25, 2009
    Western Pa
    Oh My!
    Well, you sure are lucky! Instead of a snarling, angry predator - you get you're chicks back? I wish it worked that way more often!
    It's nice to read a "happy ending" for once. You don't see happy endings very often under the Predator & Pests topic.
    Congratulations on your luck!
    [​IMG]

4. ChanceRider

ChanceRider Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 19, 2008
    Somerset, CA
    LOL... I can only imagine the surprise on your face! Thanks for sharing [​IMG]

5. k2chickens

k2chickens Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 22, 2009
    New Castle, Indiana
    [​IMG] ha that was funny but its good you got your chicks back even if you had to trap them!

6. Tala

Tala Flock Mistress

What did you use for bait? lol

7. Boyd

Boyd Recipient of The Biff Twang

Mar 14, 2009
    MI
    are you sure that your hubby wasn't putting you on a bit? I mean, c'mon [​IMG]

8. antlers

antlers Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 20, 2008
    East Cent Minnesota
    2 in the same trap? sounds fishy. Sure hubby is not play jokes on you?
    Opps Did not read Boyds response above. I agree!

Last edited: May 8, 2009
  9. Boyd

Boyd Recipient of The Biff Twang

Mar 14, 2009
    MI
    Quote:[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by