I bought an incubator(TOOK BACK)

tiki244

Flock Mistress
12 Years
Jan 1, 2008
WestCentralWisconsin
I bought an incubator today, now all I need is a hygrometer and thermometer. and Patience!!! I want to go out and get some of the hens eggs but it is so cold I would have to get them probably within 10 min of being lain. This weekend it is supposed to be -7F one night and -10F another night.
.Then I do need to separate by breeds also, I better do that because I will still have to wait 3 wkS?4wks?

Last edited:
If you are separating by breeds to get pure bred eggs, then wait 3-4 weeks before collecting to incubate to make sure that the rooster you want to be fertiliziong the hen is the one you want eggs from.

I got a Little Giant:) now doesnt that sound silly. Kind of like a bantam Jersey Giant! Well its nothing fancy but I think it will do the trick for a while

how come you returned it? I love mine and besides you could have had two incubators going at the same time lol

I wasnt sure how good it was and I had to buy more parts for it so with the cost I figured I would make one and then expand next year.
smile.png
jumpy.gif

If you need further advice on building your own incubator contact Miss Prissy. She also has pics and a parts list. If you have any questions she is a good source. I'll help where I can...

icic well all i can tell you if you are interested there is the whole set up on like cutlers supply that is around 130 that is with the turner and forced air but it is a hova bator which i am interested in getting and you can always try craglist sometimes you can get cheap ones that way. I like that you can actually make your own but I would never have the time to do it and i would be to afraid that i would not get it right. Miss prissy would definatly be a help if you plan on building one I swear she is like wonder woman on her just read some of her post it is quite amazing what she can do. Good luck to you and hope that you have a bunch of fuzzy butts soon.
jumpy.gif

Back
Top Bottom