I bought some keets today

Discussion in 'Guinea Fowl' started by missionarywife, Jul 9, 2010.

1. missionarywife

missionarywife Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 17, 2010
    I am a sucker, again I have bought ginnea keets. Last year we had 7, 2 made it to full grown only to have my dog eat one. Today at the bazzar a guy was selling them and I bought 4 more keets. I am hoping to have some females to go with the male that I already have. My dh wasn't too happy as this throws us over the 60 bird mark. I couldn't resist.

2. CoopCrazy

CoopCrazy Brooder Boss

Mar 3, 2009
    Columbus,IN
    I feel you thank god Im finally down to under 60 birds.. My top this year was 173 and that was WAY too many.. .

3. missionarywife

Apr 17, 2010
    Well, I can walk by the chicks and ducklings for sale. My dh thinks we have too many birds and keeps asking when some are going into the soup pot. I can't eat my babies.

4. BC_Farms

BC_Farms Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 20, 2010
    Enfield & Chaplin CT
    Guess it's guinea keet day because I bought some too!!! I got a similar reaction...I was supposed to pick up 4 and got 10.

5. missionarywife

Apr 17, 2010
    How much are they going for in the states now? I paid here in Ukraine a little over 4 dollars a piece.

6. BC_Farms

BC_Farms Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 20, 2010
    Enfield & Chaplin CT
    They are usually between $4-$6 for keets where I live. I paid $4.50 today which is the cheapest I've seen them.

7. Cattitude

Cattitude Chillin' With My Peeps

We paid $2 each for keets (pearl and lavender) in Paris, Tennessee. And have hatched 6 eggs, with 5 more in the 'bator. Our mature guineas had a huge nest this year but hatched only a few... I wish we had raided the nest and stuck them in the incubator. We know, now. [​IMG]

8. missionarywife

Apr 17, 2010
    My husband yelled at my son for having the booder light on when it was 100 degrees outside. Well, we forgot to put the light overnight cause I had been to town in a public trans bus with no ac and people wouldn't let you open the windows cause I had to take my 2 yr old with hemiplegia to a Neuro appointment and now it looks like he has epilepsy, anyway I completely forgot about the light and in the morning 2 of the keets were dead. Ugh, we were very upset. Now here is hoping I have at least 1 girl out of the 2 that are left.

9. featherz

featherz Veggie Chick

Mar 22, 2010
    Saratoga County, NY
    Heh, I have 37 keets in a bedroom. Put em on craiglist yesterday for $4 but no bites yet. Maybe the ticks aren't as bad this year? Last year I had to pick them off daily, this year I had a few at the start of the tick season and none since. They sure are cute lil critters!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by