I bought this for $25 today. Thumbs or Thumbs Down?

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by cfdf, Jul 27, 2010.

1. cfdf

cfdf Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 12, 2010
    I bought this old play house today for $25. Needless to say it needs TLC. I thought it would make a cute little chicken house. What do you think? Thumbs up or thumbs down? I'd love to hear ideas on what I can do to turn it into a coop. The porch needs work. The inside looks to be in ok shape. It has linoleum floors, crank windows, a working door....roof looks ok....porch posts and lattice need removing and replaced. I don't know the dimensions as it is still sitting at the house where I bought it. (I haven't told my hubby yet either...he work's out of state.) The inside is not very big. I am guessing the inside is about 3 wide x 5 long. I have a few bantams that would look really cute in this if I can fix it.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. reesepoultry

reesepoultry Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 4, 2009
    I say, "thumbs up" I would have loved to bought that. That would have made a nice chick grow out pen.... Great find, & great buy. For chickens it will work great.[​IMG]

3. lurky

lurky Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 4, 2007
    Western MA
    totally up [​IMG]

4. GermanChick

GermanChick Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 12, 2010
    NW Missouri
    [​IMG]
    25 Dollars is really a good deal and it does seem to be in decent shape. Just fix up the porch, maybe enclose with some hardwire cloth as a run ?? Figure out a access door for you to clean and your bantams should be very happy.

5. allaboutdemchicks

allaboutdemchicks Chapel Farms

Sep 13, 2008
    Jemison, AL
    I think it could have that shabby chic look!! Add flowers and windchimes, replace the floor, a few other cosmetic touches and presto.... a thumbs up for sure! [​IMG]

(okay, I wish I had it!!)

Claudia

6. b.hromada

b.hromada Flock Mistress

I give it a BIG [​IMG]! Congrats, lucky you!! [​IMG]

7. Sir Birdaholic

Sir Birdaholic Night Knight

[​IMG] $25 [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

8. Chook-A-Holic

Chook-A-Holic Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 5, 2009
    Central, N.C.
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

9. shellz131

shellz131 Sams Memory Lane

Jun 28, 2010
    Malone Ny
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

10. iluvmichickens

iluvmichickens Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 7, 2010
    Iowa
    Great find! If only I could have found something that cute! It would have saved my husband ALOT of time and money!! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by