I Brake For Mushrooms!

menageriemama

Songster
11 Years
Feb 2, 2008
Superior, WI
On the way home from the beach a couple of days ago, I spotted these beauties on a tree on the side of the highway.

6170_brakeformushrooms2.jpg

6170_brakeformushrooms1.jpg

So of course I hit the brakes and waded across a tick ridden, quasi-swamp ditch to fill my hat with the most fragrant, wonderful oyster mushrooms ever! I cooked them up with some butter, olive oil, salt, pepper and the smallest dash of garlic. Served them with seared venison cutlets from our property, and we had a true local harvest feast. Even the salad was from our CSA
big_smile.png
. I LOVE WILD MUSHROOMS!!!

*of course, don't eat anything you are not able to identify with certainty...

that's great we went on a little foray yesterday. we managed to find some nice chantrelles and also found some oyster mushrooms as well. One that i was looking for was some boletes but only found and old decaying one. Congratulations on your find.
thumbsup.gif

Wow. One of my long term goals is to learn enough to forage for mushrooms and eat them without keeling over.

Those are so awesome!

That's a big one!!!!
lol.png
Very nice, very nice! My hubby would have stopped for it to. he collects the big ones.

My hubby just brought a big stinky one in the house today from our yard. It's so, so stinky that he decided to take it back outside.
sickbyc.gif

He said it smelled like death!
gig.gif
lau.gif
gig.gif

Back
Top Bottom