1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

I broke the rules...

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by sara, Dec 18, 2007.

1. sara

sara Title Needed Here

Shhh.. don't tell my doctor, but i couldn't take it anymore. I went out and held my chickens today. [​IMG] I'm not allowed to right now because I had a stem cell transplant in October. I haven't really said anything on here about it but last February I was diagnosed with Non-hodgkins lymphoma. Anyway things are going good. I just couldn't take ignoring the poor little things anymore. They needed some attention! [​IMG] [​IMG]

2. dragonlili

dragonlili Chillin' With My Peeps

May 26, 2007
    N Middle TN
    Good for you [​IMG]
    Sometimes the little things help so much.
    We'll be praying for your recovery.
    [​IMG]
    Catherine

3. Crazy4Chicks

Crazy4Chicks Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 20, 2007
    Glendale, AZ
    I promise I wont tell --- I bet your chickens were happy to get a hug from momma.

I hope you get to feeling better real soon

Julie

4. Scrambled Egg

Scrambled Egg Flock Mistress

Aug 29, 2007
    Fayetteville, NC
    A little chicken-love sure couldn't hurt! Glad you are feeling better. Darlene

5. johnnyjack

johnnyjack Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 21, 2007
    usa
    Quote:hey i had hodgkins stage 3 when i was 12 yrs old. im 42 now and released. hasnt slowed me down lol just keep smilin and doin what makes you happy.

6. sara

sara Title Needed Here

Quote:Thanks, love hearing survivor stories! I have my moments, but for the most part I really try not to let it get me down. Just enjoy every day. My dr. is very optomistic so that really helps too.

Chickens are good therapy..they make me laugh watching them out and about.. [​IMG]

7. Smitty's Farm

Smitty's Farm Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 24, 2007
    St Clair County, Il
    Just wanted you to know that one of my best friends had it at age 19 and she is now 40 yrs old and very healthy.

Chickens are wonderful therapy. I bet they were so happy to have some loving to. [​IMG]

I am so glad that you are doing good. I will keep you in my thoughts & prayers and hoping for a speedy recovery.

8. SpottedCrow

SpottedCrow Flock Goddess

Chickens are cheep therapy...

9. sara

sara Title Needed Here

Smitty's Farm :

Just wanted you to know that one of my best friends had it at age 19 and she is now 40 yrs old and very healthy.

Chickens are wonderful therapy. I bet they were so happy to have some loving to. [​IMG]

I am so glad that you are doing good. I will keep you in my thoughts & prayers and hoping for a speedy recovery.

thank you!​

10. arlee453

arlee453 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 13, 2007
    near Charlotte NC
    I hope you have continued long and wonderful recovery!!

Give the chickens a hug for us all!!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by