I called the Post Office today.....

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Moonwalker, Mar 3, 2008.

1. Moonwalker

Moonwalker Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 9, 2008
    Washburn, MO
    [​IMG] I called the Post Office today to let them know my chicks were shipped today! So tomorrow or the next, I should get my Araucanas and Happy Cackle Special!
    [​IMG]

Just waiting now......[​IMG]

2. Chickadee28

Chickadee28 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 20, 2007
    Western IL
    I am waiting too, mine should be here in the morning! I have spent the last hour getting everything ready. The P.O. said I should get a call around 5 a.m.

3. countryboy

countryboy Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 31, 2007
    [​IMG]

4. Chickerdoodle13

Chickerdoodle13 The truth is out there...

Mar 5, 2007
    Phoenix, AZ
    I hate the waiting...:eek:

Good luck with the chicks! You should be very pleased with an order from Cackle. They are my hatchery of choice.

5. Chickadee28

Sep 20, 2007
    Western IL
    I actually ordered mine from My Pet Chicken. No call from the PO this morning so I called around 7:30 and they said they go pick up the express mail at 10:30 and would call me if the chicks were there and I could go pick them up. The waiting is killing me!

6. Moonwalker

Jan 9, 2008
    Washburn, MO
    Chickadee: Did yours ever come in?
    I was waiting this morning and when I hadn't gotten a call by 6:30, I called the PO and they said maybe they were in the Express, due in at 9am. 9:45 I called and they said yes, there were chicks in, but no, they weren't mine!
    So I called Cackle and after they put me on hold, came back several times to ask me questions about when, how etc., I ordered, I told the lady that it had been confirmed the order would be shipped on 3/3 when I called to make sure they had gotten my check in the mail. I told her that at that time, they even adjusted the order, becasue they had no geese until April, so they put in extra ducks instead. "Oh yeah! I remember you now!" Back on hold......
    She comes back and tells me that they shipped today, because they had no turkeys hatch on Monday. I told them I wish they had contacted me, because I ordered wehn I did so they would come in on my day off. NOW I will have to go get them on my way to work and take the brooder and all with me! And that's HOPING they come in with the early batch of mail!
    Maybe I'll get lucky and they'll be here a day early, cuz I'm off tomorrow.......

7. HenHaven

HenHaven Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 3, 2007
    Coarsegold, CA
    Well, shoot! I know how it is with work schedules. This kind of thing is really hard to plan for. I lucked out and was able to trade days at work so I can be home for my hatch tomorrow. [​IMG] that it all works out in your favor and the babies all make it safely!

8. Chickadee28

Sep 20, 2007
    Western IL
    Mine did come yesterday, all alive and happy. One of the cuckoo marans was a little wobbly and weak, but she perked up after awhile.

9. Moonwalker

Jan 9, 2008
    Washburn, MO
    Glad to hear your order came in on time and in good shape!

Well, I'm kinda in the middle on the trading days thing because A) I didn't know until AFTER my days off that they had changed the shipment
    [​IMG]
    and B) Tomorrow (new shipment arrival date) is also the day the eggs that *MAY* have gotten baked are due to hatch, so I need to be there for both!
    [​IMG]
    BUT.....
    I already told my boss that if I was late for work it was becasue I was picking up chickens and since it was HIM that got ME interested in chickens, it will be HIS fault!
    [​IMG]
    I can also take them to work with me, so if they come in on the early post, I'll just swing by before work, plug in my little brooder box in the lobby (next to the 3 boxes of Leghorns, and nobody will notice the difference!) If they come in on second post, I'll just have to take off and go get them.
    [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by