I came outside to my duck looking like this after two days of yellow stuff around it

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by Alexis tomasetti, Jul 17, 2019.

1. Alexis tomasetti

Alexis tomasetti In the Brooder

Jul 17, 2019
    I don’t know what happened he did look like he was getting a infection than this... I have other ducks and roosters and chickens but I have never seen nothing like it

Attached Files:

2. Miss Lydia

Miss Lydia Loving this country life

I am so sorry, your poor boy. This is a drake? We see this with females where the drake has grabbed the eye while mating. Tell us exactly what your seeing is eye still there have you cleaned the wound? Chickens can be bad for this too. Are your birds all together? @Alexis tomasetti

DuckyDonna, Jpat and sourland like this.
  3. Alexis tomasetti

Jul 17, 2019
    I have a few female ducks out and 1 rooster which I separated today they are in a big yard with a pool and stuff I’ve had all of them for a year ... today I went out and the other eye is getting infected and he can’t see I don’t see him eating just water here n there. I noticed my rooster running in a circle by him and so I put the rooster away but the thing is bill loves d nor the rooster so I’m not sure how it happened bill and the rooster are the big ones. He looks like he’s nodding out a lot and just very scared I’m so upset about this

4. casportpony

casportpony Enlightened

Jun 24, 2012
    Welcome to BYC. So sorry your duck isn't feeling well. :hugs Is a vet an option?

5. Alexis tomasetti

Jul 17, 2019
    No because he’s been in a yard with more ducks n chickens and he freaks out when I even try to hold him

6. Alexis tomasetti

Jul 17, 2019
    I keep checking going out now I’ll post more pics... I think he’s a goner keeps nodding completely can’t see I just don’t know what happened maybe my rooster but they r like bffs so I don’t know

7. Fishkeeper

Fishkeeper Crowing

Oct 30, 2017
    Central Texas
    Do you have a vet in the area who treats birds? Even if he freaks out, you should take him to a vet. Both eyes being infected, and now one seemingly missing, says to me that something is very wrong internally.

8. Alexis tomasetti

Jul 17, 2019
    There’s no vet by me that will treat him is there anything I can buy what could’ve happened

Attached Files:

9. Alexis tomasetti

Jul 17, 2019

10. Alexis tomasetti

Jul 17, 2019
    :(

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: