1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

I can buy another!!!

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by BigDaddy'sGurl, Feb 3, 2011.

1. BigDaddy'sGurl

BigDaddy'sGurl Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 14, 2010
    Wilkesboro NC
    My dear husband has agreed that we should purchase a new incubator!! I am on a tight budget, though, and can't seem to find one used in my area...besides LG, what is a simple, effective, and not too expensive incubator? Do it yourself don't work for me...I cook eggs that way...

I don't need turners or fan... website suggestions welcome!

2. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

Craigs list, ebay, the buy-sell forum here. I found a Dyson vacuum on Craigslist for $75 - it is a $500 vacuum.

3. sonjab314

sonjab314 Constant State of Confusion

May 15, 2010
    Missouri
    Hovabators are good. Check them out.

4. BigDaddy'sGurl

BigDaddy'sGurl Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 14, 2010
    Wilkesboro NC
    Well I finally had someone send me an offer...I know how everyone feels about LG incubators, and mine has caused me frustration before, but I had a local fellow offer me an LG 9200 still air with egg turner for 45.00 and it is gently used! Met him tonight and got it and it is warming up as we speak... so excited! I finally have two incubators: one for incubating and one for hatching!

5. sonjab314

sonjab314 Constant State of Confusion

May 15, 2010
    Missouri
    I'm happy you got another bator. LG's are hated on this site but I have one and I've not had any trouble with it other than the bottom was leaking. I bought a new bottom and a plastic liner and I'm back in business. Mine is the forced air that I found on CL for $25. Then I decided I wanted to do staggard hatches and got a Hovabator 1588. I love love love it. The LG's are good after you get them fine tuned. It's just the fine tuning that is difficult.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by