I can hardly wait

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by cluck-addict, Aug 6, 2009.

1. cluck-addict

cluck-addict Songster

May 31, 2009
    MN
    :confused:Ok, So I am the world's most impatient lady and can hardly wait till the eggs come in the mail. How on earth do you wait 21 days for eggs to hatch?

How do you pass the time?

2. vkp23

vkp23 Songster

Jul 10, 2009
    My house
    Get two small children they are a GREAT distraction! LOL [​IMG]

3. Kennyog

Kennyog Songster

May 7, 2009
    Oak Grove
    With my work and family keeping busy, i have actually forgotten about the eggs and all of a sudden..... Oh no!!!! Ran and looked in the incubator,and there they were just having a good ole time! Thank goodness they were still alive!! They turned out fine.It goes by fast,it really does.

4. Germaine_11.20

Germaine_11.20 Songster

Jun 6, 2009
    Idaho
    It's a loooong 21 days. Especially those first few hatches. I still want to just sit and watch as they hatch out. But there is work to do...

5. 2txmedics

2txmedics Songster

Jul 5, 2009
    Manvel Texas
    Well Im going through MY FIRST TIME...gosh we got off to a bumpy ride, Im the post that had the BROKEN EGG SHIPMENT...fighting with the seller...etc...those eggs arent hatching so far...I started last night hatching...so far only 5 last I looked an hr ago...gonna go peek....

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. Germaine_11.20

Germaine_11.20 Songster

Jun 6, 2009
    Idaho
    Oh they are just beautiful

7. MagsC

MagsC Queen Of Clueless

Jul 27, 2008
    Minnesota
    I pass the time by trying to concentrate on everything(work,teenager,dogs mainly) BUT the incubators unless I am turning eggs or checking temps,humidity etc.
    As the time gets closer its best to just sit on your hands,lol.

8. cluck-addict

cluck-addict Songster

May 31, 2009
    MN
    I got the turner to practice the sitting on my eggs part. I'm so impatient. I've got 14 mutt eggs and a mix of welsummers and speckeld sussex in teh bator now. I'm adding a banty cochin mix tomorrow. [​IMG]

42 eggs in all.

9. 2txmedics

2txmedics Songster

Jul 5, 2009
    Manvel Texas
    Morning all, cluck are you adding the eggs on different days to the SAME BATOR?...wont you get mixed up? as they all need different temps/humidty and turning on/off on different days?

I finally got a Cuckoo maran hatch yesterday....still need more to go I was just getting the Buffs to hatch. no RIRs yet...I have 16 eggs to go, my hatch date was yesterday...I have 10 Buffs and 1 cuckoo maran hatched...

10. jvls1942

jvls1942 Crowing

Oct 16, 2008
    wausau,wisconsin
    Quote:what?[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: