I can has bunnies!!!??????

Discussion in 'Other Pets & Livestock' started by TroyerGal, Sep 23, 2016.

1. TroyerGal

TroyerGal Chillin' With My Peeps

I have a question mark: My 2 Flemish giants are about 6ish months old... and their, um... reproductive organs are all developed and everything and they are ready to mate... as in, the male WILL mount and the female WILL let him. can i breed them yet!!??? i'm DYING for bunnies!!!!

Again, I'm holding a baby... forgive any typing errors. [​IMG]

2. DutchBunny03

DutchBunny03 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 22, 2016
    Northern NY
    Physically, yes. If your rabbits are full grown, and not sick, than go right ahead. But if they are not yet full grown, wait for another couple months to let them finish growing. Breeding before maturity will make the dam(momma bunny) stunt in growth.

3. TroyerGal

Ohhhkay... I'm just impatient! I'm getting some adults tomorrow morning! and i'm gonna breed them on Monday :D so... only about 34ish days till babies!!! [​IMG]

4. DutchBunny03

Sep 22, 2016
    Northern NY
    Are the rabbits you are buying Flemish giants too? I have heard they are really gentle and relaxed bunnies.

5. TroyerGal

Nooo.... im getting a NZ buck, a NZ doe and a rex doe :) but yeah, the Flemishes are VERY sweet and gentle :)

6. DutchBunny03

Sep 22, 2016
    Northern NY
    Nice!! So you are planning on breeding? You coupd get some really interesting fur and comor combinations.

7. Bunnylady

Bunnylady POOF Goes the Pooka

Nov 27, 2009
    Wilmington, NC
    For show purposes, Flemish are a "6 class," they show as juniors, seniors, and an intermediate class of 6-to-8-month-olds. While they may be physically old enough to breed, at 6 months, they still aren't considered full grown, so it would be better to wait a bit longer.

Good luck with your NZ's and Rex!

8. TroyerGal

Thanks guys! I actually got a SATIN doe and a NZ buck today! I'm waiting on my NZ doe... it was slim pickn's at the swap meet today :) the satin is not really too nice... but I'm gonna work on her ;)

9. DutchBunny03

Sep 22, 2016
    Northern NY
    Nice[​IMG]! Are the rabbits you got pedigreed? What do you need to work on on her?

10. TroyerGal

They aren't pedigreed... but you can tell they are purebred. I could be wrong though :p I could post pics! I meant I need to work on her social skills ;)

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by