I can laugh now, but.....

In His Service

Wise Men Still Seek Him
9 Years
Apr 25, 2010
Catskills
So, I have been watching some of the egg swap threads, looking for just the right eggs. Finally made the swap and go proudly to the local PO to get my eggs in the mail. Mind you I have already received my eggs, as well as some others that I bought on BST. In other words, my local PO has handled eggs shipped to me 2 times. I get inside, thankful for A/C and the Post Mistress freaks out..."You have embryos in there???!!! " I calmly explain that they are hatching eggs, chicken eggs. She screams, "I can't ship those!"

I explained that I just received eggs a few days ago right here..."But you wrote LIVE EMBRYOS on the box" she exclaimed.

I know, just like the boxes I received.

"I don't have the forms, you have to drive to (another city, 35 minutes away). Or go to UPS."

I said, UPS doesn't handle live animals, and you did not seem to have any forms when I received the boxes.

She says she doesn't know what to do. I tell her to slap some Priority Mail tape on, and a Delivery Confirmation tag and we will be good to go!

No, she says.

Since I have to pick up 2 of my children near that city, I decided it was not worth it to try to tell her how to do her job. I smiled and left.

It is noon, my kids are starving, we are all sweating buckets, and the full tank of gas I got this morning is waving bye-bye.

Two POs later, finally found an employee who said, "No problem, just put some Priority Mail tape on it, stick on a Delivery Confirmation tag and tell them to keep it aside, it is fragile."
wee.gif
Wow, why didn't I think of that.

At least I finally got it in the mail, and kids got home and fed and watered, and it only took me a tad over 3 hours.

She also wanted to know if they were going to hatch before the got to their destination...I told her not unless they took 21 days to get there.
wink.png

Back
Top Bottom