I can not be on here right now!!

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by TinyTotsSeramas, Oct 30, 2011.

1. TinyTotsSeramas

TinyTotsSeramas Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 21, 2011
    Smithsburg
    [​IMG]
    Juliette's Tiny Tina's auction is over in less then an hour and I want her so bad but I cant get her because I can only send E-Checks since I dont have a Credit Card... This sucks... I cant be on BYC right now or im going to go crazy!! [​IMG]

Goodluck to whoever buys her [​IMG]

2. kaom

kaom Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 24, 2011
    St Albans UK
    oh shame! could you not have borrowed someone's card?

3. TinyTotsSeramas

Jun 21, 2011
    Smithsburg
    Quote:only person around me who has a card is my MIL who doesnt want me having the Seramas to begin with [​IMG] [​IMG]

4. dainerra

dainerra Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 4, 2011
    You can always get a pre-paid credit card. Wal-mart has them; there is a fee. Last time I had one I think it was $4. Just load the amount that you need to pay. I know several people who use them for online purchases

5. Ksane

Ksane Overrun With Chickens

Jun 21, 2011
    Oklahoma
    Yea, WalMarts got the pre-paid VISAs, super handy!

6. TinyTotsSeramas

Jun 21, 2011
    Smithsburg
    UGH! ARE YOU SERIOUS! I was told they dont work the same for the immediate payments that alot of people are wanting now.. Well this bites.. I could have bidded on her.. [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

7. Ksane

Jun 21, 2011
    Oklahoma
    They work fine for immediate payments. I use mine with my Pay Pal account also. I can add the money just when I want to buy something (and it helps WalMart is open 24/7) and then once you buy it there's no money on the card and you don't have to worry about hackers getting ahold of your card number and getting any money off it. Cuz if the money's not there, it won't pay out. Unlike my bank who pays out up to $1200 and then charges me over-drafts of $36 each if there didn't happen to be any money in there [​IMG]

8. TinyTotsSeramas

Jun 21, 2011
    Smithsburg
    Thank you for letting me know this!! That is what has been stopping me from bidding on anything from Juliette! I've wanted quite a few of her birds but I was told Pre-paided cards dont work the same.. Cant wait for her next auction now!! Thank you sooo much for telling me they do work the same!! [​IMG]

edit to say - That would be alot of overdraft to pay back! Patriot was suppose to put a block on my account where I couldnt overdraft anything but I ended up with an $84 overdraft the week after.. [​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 30, 2011
  9. Ksane

Jun 21, 2011
    Oklahoma
    Quote:My bank has me fill out paperwork disputing the charges but it takes 2 wks for them to resolve it and refund me the money. In the meantime my account is frozen and I'm "out" that money until they refund it. They're good about refunding it but it's a hassle to go through every time your card gets compromised. So last year I started just using WalMart VISA cards. It's $3/month service charge and $3 every time you put money on it and have to put a minimum of $20 on at a time. Well worth it though. It's identical to a bank debit card and you use it the same way.
    Happy auctioning!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by