I can ramble with the best of'em..

Timmy59

Songster
Jul 26, 2020
LOL, I was looking for a random picture place and landed here.. 2nd gen hobby farmer and BLESSED to be so, especially today... We love the farm life so much that we name all our hoofed edibles.. Our current pig is Wilbur he's got a date of 1-19-21 to be shrink wrapped.. UMmmm bacon...He is round about 300 lbs today.. We don't name the meat birds but all the cattle have names.. We run a 00 frame moo moo, that is mini for most but I prefer to think they're Heritage 42" or under.... The angus are Australian low line and the Herefords are old blood.. Our bull is a cross of the 2 and all are polled less 1 old Hereford cow.. Our new pup of 6 months now is a tad over 60 lbs, I won't give her breed type but welcome all guesses.. I'm hoping she hits 100 lbs, she sure is a whole lot of pup and should take good care of us.. Enough babbling here's some pics.. Neighbors horses if we can eat it we don't keep it..
E5EBO2fl.jpg

SuLBJqml.jpg

hz89mpzl.jpg

hoPPe8Gl.jpg

Cix66r7l.jpg

The chicken legs are a below freezing legs, normally yellow they were orange with red behind,
46vI2rnh.jpg

We gave the Kune kune pig a try and they were good in the pasture but keeping and breeding just didn't tickle me so traded them for a steer calf..
Xdx3EdFh.jpg

JSgC9CNh.jpg

Our old Boerboel girl,12 wonderful years before she became earth..
NVMn7TWh.jpg

WpwJsrMh.jpg

8x30 cattle panel hoophouse I put up this year, probably the best thing that happened to us for 2020, old pic currently full of many green veggies..
Wicking tubs, watch Gardening with Leon on YTube 1 of our fellow okies..
egyqrWOh.jpg

If I step back to the 70's I can say my mother was a Major player in the fancy / exotic bird industry, she held a migratory game permit.. So much so that a Texas state ag person contacted her and asked if she'd ever given thought to moving south.. It wasn't too long after that, that dad built 3 pens that fastened to the 40' flatbed and we were Texas bound.. As a kid / young person I hated birds.. They were labor and time intensive.. BUT they made me $$ I learned early on to judge the customer.. Mom had a price list for each type and if you rolled up in a beater car you paid that price with me.. But if you rolled up in a new caddy or Lincoln you got $$ and I'm soaking your a$$.. LOL..

Back
Top Bottom