I canceled my eFowl order and went with Ideal, yay or nay?

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by SamanthaBrooke, Jan 28, 2013.

1. SamanthaBrooke

SamanthaBrooke Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 28, 2011
    Jefferson, GA
    I did,
    Upon emailing eFowl after 5 days to try to get a ship date a rep emailed me saying that he estimates they will hatch the week of February 18th and it was just an estimate, he went on to say that he would email me in 1-2 business days with an exact date.
    I wasn't super satisfied with the estimations as it it important my chicks make it here before March as my baby would be due anytime.

So...I looked up Idea Poultry and saw they are shipping the Porcelain d'Uccle Bantams on Feb. 6th which made me ecstatic that they had that listed and they would be hatching and shipping in a little less then a week, so I canceled my eFowl order and went with Ideal, they were actually even a little cheaper then eFowl and they are shipping soonest, I will be a new mom on approximately Feb. 8th to 25 d'Uccle chicks and I am super excited that they will be here earlier then expected! [​IMG]

Should I feel a little guilty for canceling an order just to go with a different company to suit my wants/needs? [​IMG]

Also I paid with paypal, it was kinda weird and I hope I did it right(?), I logged into my paypal account then sent them the money via the paypal email they have on their page and included my order ID and what my order contained.

Last edited: Jan 28, 2013
  2. Calomel

Calomel Out Of The Brooder

Jul 18, 2012
    Omaha, Nebraska
    I wouldn't feel bad about cancelling an order if I wasn't happy with a company's service. It's a business thing, it's not personal. You needed/wanted a more reliable service and eFowl wasn't providing what you needed. I think you did the right thing.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by