I candled again today...

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by chicken_china_mom, Jun 20, 2009.

1. chicken_china_mom

chicken_china_mom Crazy for Cochins

Apr 24, 2009
    Tab, Indiana
    And out of 9 I for sure saw two eggs with veins! Yay! I still can't see through about two of them, but two I did see veins. Only one week to go, they are set to hatch next Saturday! I am so excited! Knowing my luck they will hatch while I am sleeping, and both be roosters, but I don't care, I can't wait! I am saying prayers that they actually hatch. Send good vibes everyone, and I'll let everyone know in a week how it went! [​IMG]

2. Germaine_11.20

Germaine_11.20 Songster

Jun 6, 2009
    Idaho
    [​IMG]

Hi,

I have a question about candleing and hope you might be able to help.
    When a chick dies in the egg, do the veins disappear?
    I have some eggs that I can see veins, but nothing moving. Do you think it is still viable, or could it have died. [​IMG]

Thank you and congratulations on the your eggs! [​IMG]:weee

3. killer

killer Songster

the veins will go away. sometimes when they die you will see a big red spot or ring around the egg.

if you see veins and no movement it might just be asleep.

4. cassey40

cassey40 Songster

Jun 5, 2009
    beaufort, sc
    i candled last night the one's i had questions about and out of the 6 one was dead it had a blood ring in it so i had to takre him out. All the others i cant really see veins but i do see dark blobs like inside the eggs so i hope they are growning.They will be 14day in on wed cant wait to candle them again to see what has changed. [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

5. chicken_china_mom

chicken_china_mom Crazy for Cochins

Apr 24, 2009
    Tab, Indiana
    I didn't see movement in the ones with veins, but then again, I was so thrilled that I was SEEING veins that I quickly moved on to the next egg, and I still have several that are too thick to see through. I don't want to candle again cause I'm afraid I'll reduce what chances I have of the two with veins hatching. I will be keeping a close eye for them to start moving around and pipping. I'm saying prayers that they do hatch. I REALLY want these babies to make it. It's only seven days til next Saturday...

6. Germaine_11.20

Germaine_11.20 Songster

Jun 6, 2009
    Idaho
    [​IMG]

Thank you Killer,

That makes me feel much better. It is the not understanding that drives me batty. Ok now I have to leave the poor little eggs alone for awhile. I am hovering.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: