I candled and I think I see stuff. Too wired right now

HeatherLynn

Crowing
12 Years
May 11, 2009
Kentucky, Cecilia
Ok soo what should I be looking for. Well this is what I saw. Ok soo the dark speckled one forget seeing anything. sigh but the lighter ones I can see a dark section at the tip I assume thats the air sac?

I saw the air sac yesterday but guess what I see today. A dark spot near the center. Not a tiny spot. soooo is that my yolk? Its like there is a darker spot in there too. I didn't see it yesterday but its clear as sin today. I should say we are 4 hours past our 4th full day. Soo 100 hours into the hatch lol. Yes I am wicked excited. No clue what I am seeing. I looked at the pics of candling but I see nothing like that. Granted this is a flash light, me and all brown eggs.

Last edited:
You will see veins running all over and in the center there will be a black spot this is the embryo starting. If you are only on day 2 or 3 of incubation the spot will be more red. like the veins it is a little bit bigger or about the same a this O Do you agree?

I candeled my eggs at day 6 and this is what I saw....

Egg 1#
61403_egg_candling_003.jpg

Egg 1# again
61403_egg_candling_005.jpg

Egg 2#
61403_egg_candling_006.jpg

The dark spot on each egg is the embryo... you can slightly see the veins in the photo... but to the eye they are more pronounced... my camera isnt great for taking pics in the dark..... hope these help, and it may be best to wait to candle your eggs on or around day 7.. good luck
smile.png

yea patience is not one of my virtues. I think I probably need something better than a shoe closet and my sons flash light too. Honestly the dark speckled eggs I don't see how I will see anything through those but I want to. I am praying I have plenty of chicks hatch from this since I already invited some boyscouts over for hatching day.

Yea I am not seeing as much detail as in the link. I checked them today again so at 130 hours all I could make out is air sac and dot in the lightest eggs. Now my lightest eggs are still from maran mixes. The hens I got these from are either full maran or maran mixes. I have no way of telling who is who or which male they went with which is either full maran or maran mixes and a few other breeds thrown in for variety. I am just curious if I can get them to hatch. Besides they are very pretty eggs I would not mind having some of those in my egg bowl. All these eggs are darker than my austrolop and production reds lay. Some are really dark with spots. Some are a lighter brown with spots. I actually think the stupid speckling is making this harder. Well and my impatience. I was told to wait but I am not a patient soul. I don't even know if they are all fertile. By my count she had at least 3 roos and 1 who was a maybe but maybe they were not in the mood.

Back
Top Bottom